Chapter 6: Timebreaker

~At Trocadéro~

You exited the dorm and make your way to their destination. In no time, You have made it to the Trocadéro. You saw your friends and waves to you as you waved back.

"Hey, (Y/n)." Alya greeted.

"Hey there, Alya." you greet back.

"Has  your sister told you that she's still coming?"

You shrugged. "She's always running late. She has to wait for a customer to get the Effie Tower cake. I think she might've forgotten. I should call her and see if she's on her way." 

You pull out your phone and dials Marinette's number. It rings for a bit and Marinette finally picks up the phone.

Marinette: Hey little sis. What's up?

You: "Hey Marinette. Do you still remember the bet?"

Marinette: "The what?"

You: "The bet between Alix and Kim."

Marinette: "The bet between Alix and Kim?'

You: "You forgotten, Mari?"

Marinette: 'No, of course I didn't forget! I already made the banner for it!'

You: "You better hurry cause everyone is counting on you."

Marinette: 'I know everyone's counting on me.'

You: "That's good to hear, because the bet is about to start in 5 minutes."

Marinette: 'In 5 minutes? No sweat. I'm on my way already. Be right there!'

Vanitas decides to make his way over with Adrien of course. Smiling at you, Vanitas says, "Bonjour, (Y/n)." Boldly he took you hand in his with a swift peck on the knuckles. Adrien, Nino and Alya watch on the sidelines with astonished faces.

You shyly shook his hand, "Good morning Vanitas."

Vanitas laughs. "You seem to miss me already. Forgive my sudden appearance, I don't seem to know what came over me."

Adrien coughs and mutters under his breath "Jealous".

After hanging up the phone, you told Alya that Marinette is on her way. True to her word, Marinette showed up right on time. She shows everyone the banner she worked on and everyone was amazed by it, showing her with complements.

"Impressive, Marinette!" Adrien winks at Marinette and she giggles in return.

"You all picked the wrong side to cheer on. Looks like Alix isn't even showing up! Probably too chicken to race an extreme athlete like me." Kim smugly states, crossing his arms.

"Spoke too soon, Kim." As Alix arrives, everyone cheers for her on. "Your ridiculous bets are over. I'm gonna leave you in the dust, meathead!"

"You're no match for me. My neck is bigger than your thigh." Kim tried to insult her.

"Is that a good thing?" Alya comments making you and Marinette to laugh with her.

Max walks over between Kim and Alix as he explains the rules. "Let's review the official rules. Two laps around the fountains; approximately 500 yards. The first one over the line's declared the victor! If Kim triumphs, Alix will relinquish her rollerblades to him. If Alix triumphs, Kim will be prohibited from making another dare for the rest of the school year."