Chapter 22: The Puppeteer

You were getting ready to meet Vanitas can go to the movie theater later. But first you and your sister had to babysit Manon. Marinette was playing with the Sapphire, Ladybug, and Cat Noir dolls while Manon was playing with the, Lady Wifi, Rogercop, Evillustrator dolls.

(Puppet Cat Noir)  "Here I am, m'lady!"

(Puppet Ladybug) "Glad to see you, Cat Noir!"

(Puppet Sapphire) "Enough talk your two, Let's fight!"

(Puppet Cat Noir)  "Of course you are, I'm the cat's meow! Rawrrrrrr!"

"I don't think Cat Noir says, Rawrr. He only says meow." you corrected.

"It's the same thing." Marinette sneers.

"No it's not. Only wild big cats roar." you shook your head and Marinette just roll her eyes at you being right.

"He shouldn't say that." Manon agrees with you, not understanding why you two were arguing.

"No?" Marinette  sass.

"Nuh uh." Manon shakes her head poutily, snuggling more into your lap.

Marinette shares a look with you before clearing her throat. "(Puppet Ladybug): This is no time to goof around, Cat Noir! We've gotta capture the baddie's akumas before they... actually what do the baddie's want?"

Marinette snaps out of character when she realizes there was no plot to the story.

"Uhh.. we wanna win!"

"Win what?" You tickle the giggly little girl.

"I dunno.. what do they usually want?" Manon playfully pretends to bite at your fingers when you reach to tickle her.

"Depends." Marinette shrugs "Lady Wifi wanted to reveal Ladybug's true identity and Evillustrator wanted to get revenge on a girl for making fun of him! Then there was Rogercop. But the evil Hawk Moth, who makes them bad, wants to take Ladybug's, Cat Noir's and Sapphire jewels from them! Their Miraculouses!

Marinette's tone gets scarier and scarier as if she were telling a horror story about the evil Hawkmoth.

"But let's not forget that the fourth hero hasn't appear yet, right?" you added.

"Oh yeah, something about a Dragon-Phoenix." Marinette think for a moment. "Uhh...to be honest who knows when she'll show up. And she hasn't shown since...oh well forget about her. She's just probably a boring hero."

You scoff. "Not all heroes are boring, you just haven't met them yet."

"But.. what will happen if he did take them?" Manon asks, holding her Lady WiFi doll close to her and hugging you tightly for comfort.

"The bad guys would win." Marinette answered .

You unknowingly think there's more to it.

"I know! I know what the bad guys would want!" Manon snaps out of her original state when she hears the word, 'win.' "We want the miraculouses! Then we'll win, forever and ever! I'm gonna get your miraculous, Ladybug, Cat Noir, and Sapphire! You goody-two-shoeses! Hand them over or you'll be super duper sorry!"

"You won't get our Miraculouses!"

"Oh yeah?"

Manon hops out of your lap as she narrates her own little villainous monologue before she playfully lunges with her villain dolls at Marinette and you who had the three hero dolls.

You quickly snatch the heroes away making Manon miss. The three of them hits the dolls together making it seem as if they were fighting and Marinette knock the three dolls out of Manon's hands signaling the villains defeat.