Chapter 16: Princess Fragrance

Gazing out the window watching the rain fall heavily against the glass, you badly wanted to escape from the nerve of science of hell.

Especially with Ms. Mendeleiev droning on about chemical reactions, the class would be even more interesting if she could make something go boom. Of course, a very small boom.

"Combustion is a high-temperature exothermic redox chemical reaction between a fuel and an oxidant. Usually atmospheric oxygen..." Ms. Mendeleiev was beginning her lecture as everyone was taking notes.

You passed some of your notes to Nathaniel as he was having a hard time. He would even sneak little doodles into your notebook just to make you smile and going unnoticed how Vanitas keeps on glaring at the red head getting all your attention instead of him.

What snapped you back to reality was suddenly, Marinette stumbles into the classroom and then trips and falls in front of the teacher's desk.

"Ah, Marinette. What excuse do you have for us this time? Accidentally locked yourself in the bathroom again?" Ms. Mendeleiev asked annoyed.

"Uh, no! Of course not. I had to, uh, take my dog... to the vet! Because he... ate an entire wool sweater. Uh, it must've smelled like the— " As Marinette was trying to explain her excuse of being late, Ms. Mendeleiev smelled Rose's perfume she was using to spray the letter she was writing to Prince Ali. 

"Thank you, Rose. But I don't think our classroom needs extra refreshing." She walks towards Rose.

As she walks towards the back, seeing her coming towards the back, you looked at the board to continue copying down the notes.

"I thought someone packed a tuna fish sandwich, but it turns out it's Rose's perfume." Chloé laughs.

"Leave her alone, Chloe."  You stood up for your class mate as Marinette takes her seat next to Alya.

Ms. Mendeleiev confiscates Rose's perfume. "Furthermore, using your smartphone during school hours is strictly forbidden."She also confiscates Rose's cellphone. "Take the rest of your things and go to the principal's office."

Rose sighs as she takes her things and walks out of the classroom.

Adrien writes a secret letter to Vanitas as he read in silence then. 'Ask (Y/n) out.'

Vanitas wrote back and pass it back to Adrien. 'I'll ask her when class is over.'

Adrien raised a brow at him then he has an idea and wrote down something before pass it along to Nino nudging his head to him to pass it along to you. So Nino understood. Your close friends kept passing it along as they go until Marinette decided to peak whats inside the note.

It made her scowl and then a mischievous expression on her face that will get you in trouble and raised her hand by tattle telling Ms. Mendeleiev about you cheating your homework with someone.

"Ms. (Y/n)." Ms. Mendeleiev calls you out as you look up from your notes. "Go to the principals office and report your mistakes.

"What?" you were dumbfounded and Marinette smirks.

"Don't what me Missy. Go to the principals office now." she point to the door.

You were speechless and grab the note to head out the door. Adrien is really guilty. He should've done that. It was his idea to get you and Vanitas to hang out and Marinette just misunderstood the situation.

Vanitas was very angry at Marinette who accused you of cheating. He'll definitely make her taste her own medicine. Mark by his words.

Ms. Mendeleiev moves to the front of the class with the perfume in her hand. "Watch what happens when you play about with flammable substances in a chemistry lab." She sprays some perfume inside a glass container with an open bottom and puts it upright, trapping the air inside.