✧Chapter.19✧

"Treat our newest edition with respect, Masky, Hoodie, Toby, go show Y/n around and to the proxy hall."

The memory of Y/n's first debut as a proxy was still so fresh in Masky's cortex. He had remembered when rumours spread like wild fire about the new worker. Only a select few members of the mansion such as EJ, Jeff, and Jane who were either treating her or training her were allowed to interact with her for a few months.

He remembered watching diligently as the girl walked out from behind Slenderman. She was obviously a bit anxious and shy upon meeting the rest of the house as she continuously fidgeted with the hem of her sleeve. He watched as her gaze scanned the crowd of people before her.

He watched as her face would change ever so slightly as her eyes raked over every single person. She would smile ever so slightly when looking at Sally or Jane, and furrow her eyes a bit when she would get a wink from Ben.

But then her eyes finished at Masky. He began to stare back, unbeknownst to her. Her expression with him, unlike towards everyone else was neutral. He began to feel warmth creep up from his face to the tips of his ears. Get a hold of yourself, it's not like she's smiling, he kept thinking. They both held eye contact for what felt like hours.

Masky began to feel his heart palpitating in his chest and his veins felt warm. Fuck, there's no way he was feeling flustered by someone he had just met, he thought. She was going to be joining their trio for work and he could in no way be acting this way.

"Treat our newest edition with respect, Masky, Hoodie, Toby, go show Y/n around and to the proxy hall."

Rang the bosses voice. Masky swallowed the lump in his throat as he flicked his eyes towards Hoodie, who was already looking at him. "You look like you're going to puke–you okay?" Hoodie had whispered to him.

Masky only gave a swift nod before Y/n began to approach them as the crowd dissipated. Scanning the three proxies, she gave a small smile and wave. Toby pushed through Hoodie and Masky, excitedly introducing himself and shaking her arm.

Laughing awkwardly the girl introduced herself back before patting Toby's shoulder. "And you two are?" she asked, again with a sheepish grin. "I'm Hoodie, it's nice to finally have more help on our team!" Hoodie said as he gave her a gentle punch on the shoulder.

"Happy to be here I guess–and what about you?" she asked Masky. "I'm Masky, Slenderman's second in command." he choked out. "Dude are you sure you're okay?" Hoodie whispered again, to which Masky jabbed him with his elbow.

Cocking her eyebrow, Y/n responded, " Well nice to meet you Masky." Hearing her say his alias nearly made him shudder in his place. The things he'd do to her if she'd call him by his name..."Come on boys show me around this shit show." she requested before dragging the three of them away.

The initial first half of the tour was filled with tiresome questions from Toby. Masky would listen occasionally but was mainly drowning out the conversation with his own thoughts.

He obviously found her in a way, attractive. It's been a while since he has found his heart at the will of another. He had just met the girl for god's sake! The way she presented herself, how thoughtful and intellectually she spoke to all of them, and the way her face was so expressive the more she got comfortable, all melted him.

However, with blissful and happy moments come disappointment and anguish. He already knew what he was going to do, but a part of him wondered what happened if he didn't let his mind get the best of him. What if, for once he didn't self-sabotage?

Sadly, that wasn't happening anytime soon. He rather move on emotionally than get attached. He couldn't remember the last time he's been really attached to anyone. All he knew was it was before he began working for him.

The more they all waltzed around the mansion, talking, explaining, joking, the more irritated Masky grew at himself. Why was this such a dilemma?

It had grown to the point where everyone was aware of his current attitude. "What crawled in your ass and died? I'm only answering questions and you're giving me a hard time." the girl began to argue with him. Hoodie began to chuckle beside him, holding his hand over his mouth slightly as Toby held his mouth agape. Masky grew even more irritated, soon leaving the group to go outside and have a smoke.

Masky lifted his mask, exposing his mouth and nose as he flicked his lighter on. Lighting his cigarette, he put his lighter back in his coat. He took a long and deep drag of his cigarette before blowing a big cloud of smoke into the night air.

Looking down he stared at his hand, watching as the strings of silver danced from his cigarette. It was a smooth and elegant movement. The smoke swirled around him, almost tauntingly. Groaning he kicked the nearest rock by his shoe.

Everything was going to be about her now in his thoughts. Even smoking, how could something that was supposed to be relaxing be about her? And why did he want more?

The more the days moved on from her initial first day, the more he smoked to cope. Every thought he had of her, every time he felt his heart skip a beat, and every time he made the slightest contact with her, he smoked. He began trying his hardest to hate her or to get her to hate him. It wasn't difficult once his performance worsened and she took over his job. Yet somehow, the smallest part of him couldn't fully hate her.

The sound of rustling slightly woke Masky up as he shifted in the blankets more. Keeping his eyes closed in his half asleep state he thought more about his dream. Fuck, why was he dreaming of that day all of the sudden?

Scrunching his face a bit, he began to open his eyes–

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~