CHAPTER - 31

AUTHOR'S POV

Kiara is on the balcony to take some fresh air as it can only calm down the war going on inside of her .Her brother's talks are playing in her mind on loop.In the middle of this chaotic life all she wants is to find some peace .

"Sorry" she heard his voice and turned around to find him standing with a parcel in his hand.

"Why?" she asked being confused.

"Because I got late and couldn't get your favorite pastry from that shop" he said scratching the back of his head.

"But I have got this ice cream as a compensation " he said showing her the parcel.

"Cute" she mumbled smiling .

"You go and freshen up ,I am reheating the food for you "

"No I am not hungry "

"Oh..okay" she said softly and turned around facing the view again .

She was taking in the beauty of the sea facing view on a full moon night until two arms got wrapped around her waist, his cologne making her day and calming down her overthinking .

They stayed like that for sometime enjoying each other's presence under the moonlight.

Forgetting about every odds and just living the moment.

"What happened? " he asked softly

"What is disturbing you ?"

"Who said I am disturbed?"

"I can feel it , and also you are listening to me instead of arguing "

She chuckled hearing him and said
"That means you are saying that I only argue with you"

" No that's not what I mean" he said explaining himself.

"Oh please! I now know what you mean" he just sighed in reply.

"Well why don't you get angry at me for arguing with you so much ?" She asked.

"Because there was no one to argue with before" he said and she looked at him .

"Really?" she asked in surprise and he nodded.

"That means you have saved all your argument skill for me" she said and burst into laughter and seeing him she also started laughing.

"From where do you get such thoughts?" he asked.

"Yes, that is why you are so good at arguing,now I know how you are able to give me good competition " .

"Now let's eat the ice cream otherwise it will melt"

"Yes you get changed till then I am bringing the bowls" she said headed downstairs.

AFTER SOME TIME

"How did you know that I like this flavour?" "I remember I never told you then?"

"I asked someone" he said.

"Maa!" "What did you do now she will call me tomorrow and scold me for eating too much ice cream" she whined.

"No not mom but brother" she stopped whining and looked at him

"Yes Vansh" " He told me"

"Did he told you something else also?" she asked fearing if he knew about their conversation.

"Nothing much just business talk" relief washed over her hearing him.

"Thank god " she sighed.

But her brother's talk once again resurfaced in her mind .She looked at him contemplating whether to tell him or not.

She surely has some feelings for him but doesn't want to rush out and ruin everything.But one thing she is sure of is that she wants to tell him something that he deserves to know because no relation can be formed on the foundation of lies.

"Ab Kahan kho gyi?" he asked to gain her attention.

"I want to tell you something "

"Say I'm all ears" he said typing in his laptop.

KIARA'S POV

My heart is beating very fast I never got this scared ,not even during getting my report card in school days , but today I am scared .

Because exams gives you a second chance but humans they don't .I have seen many of my friends relationships getting broke due to misunderstanding and lack of trust .That's the only reason why I never got into any relationship because all the time I was waiting for that one person who will trust me when no one would .I don't know how he will react but I want to get rid of this lie now.

"I'm listening"

"You remembered that day you asked me, what made me change my mind to agree upon this marriage proposal" his fingers stopped typing and he looked at her but she bowed her head down and continued.

"You even asked me if there is any family problem ?"

" But I kept denying and said that I want to give this marriage a chance"

She looked up at him and said "That was a lie"

"I never wanted to give this marriage a chance,I lied to make you agree"

She waited for his reaction to get angry and to shout at her but he is just sitting beside her and calmly listening to her as if he knew about this that someday she will tell him everything on her own.

"Say something " she said with hope in her eyes.

He looked up and just stared at her.

"Please" and a single tear dropped from her eye.

He wiped that tear drop softly and caressed her cheek " Don't explain yourself, you thought of telling me everything,that is enough for me"

"But you should know-"

" All I know is that I have you and that's all I could ask for"

" And besides that is past now that cannot be changed so it will be better if we focus on our present and live every moment " .

She hugged him tightly and began sniffing, he caressed her hair to console her.

" I don't deserve you " she said sniffing.

"Trust me you do" he said chuckling.

"No I don't "

" At least for once agree to me " he said and she laughed a little and looked up towards him.

"Now we should sleep as it's past midnight and we both don't want to look like zombies tomorrow, right?" saying this he stood up and carried her into bridal style as she was about to get up .

He made her lay on the bed tucking her comfortably and took the other side of the bed after closing the curtains and dimming the lights.

She scooted closer to him wrapping her arms around his torso and he offered his arm to her which she gladly took and made her pillow, he smiled and kissed the top of her head saying 'good night' and they both drifted to their dreamland in each others embrace.

***************************************

Please share your feedback and do like this chapter if you enjoyed it .