Chapter 26 - Chains

Argh, I'll do my best to finish this story since I feel bad ditching and u ppl like it.

Though note from here on I will be writing this novel in first person so I can get used to it for my future projects. This is so writing the rest of this novel wont be completely useless in assisting me in the long run.

-----

The cool metal of chains wrapped around my wrist burned through my fur, freezing the skin. My metal arm was detached, scrapped, and repurposed. The small lump where an arm used to be hung uselessly by my side. Tail flicking with irritation, my eyes stared at the cell bars that separated me from the Chaos Council. Baring my teeth, a deep rumble matched my sharp gaze.

"Don't take that tone with us Miss, you got yourself here," the old one commented, hitting the metal bars with his cane. My ears fell flat against my head, fur raising. Upon glancing to the side, I softened. Nine stood back, his hands cuffed and head low. But I could feel his gaze.

"Let's not waist our time with some rebel, I want to get to work on our crystals. Figuring out how to abstract every ounce of power they hold," Eggman stated, turning his back to me as he and the others exited the area. Nine lifted his head, watching the five leave before running up to the cage.

"Are you alright?" We asked simultaneously. Chuckling, I nodded my response, relieving the tension in Nine's shoulders. But I knew he didn't fully believe me, his eyes staring at my missing arm. His ears drooped. Glancing down at my arm, I pulled a smile on my muzzle, somewhat forcefully.

"I could use a hand though," I tried to joke, but he easily saw through it.

"(Y/N), why did you come here? Did you really think you could have defeated the council by yourself? Why didn't you bring the rest of the rebels?"

"I didn't come to beat them... I'm here for you," His ears lifted as I continued, "I saw you get pulled in by that beam and I couldn't just leave you."

Opening his mouth, Nine was about to respond when a loud beep sounded in the room, Eggman's voice booming through an intercom, "Fox, where are you? You got then seconds to get over here before I destroy you." Looking at me, Nine didn't budge. He wasn't going to leave me alone. I knew that. But I didn't want him to get hurt.

"Nine, go. I'll be fine."

"But-" He reached for the cell bars separating us before he jerked back as blue electricity shocked him from a collar strapped around his neck. Eyes widening, my heart left my chest in panic. Tears brimmed my eyes as he clawed at his throat, his chest heaving as he tried to breathe. His teeth gritted as he fell to his knees, one of his hands falling to the floor to keep him from collapsing fully onto the ground.

"Nine! NINE!" the electricity stopped allowing Nine to breath with a loud wheeze. Knowing that was just a warning, I begged for him to leave. "Nine, please. I can't see you get hurt." Catching my eyes, he opened his mouth to protest but a upon seeing the tears in my eyes, he closed his mouth and nodded.

"I'll be back to gte you out. And I promise they wont hurt you." Slowly he backed away, disappearing through a doorway.

Sighing, I let my head fall as a tear fell onto the metal floor, "It's not me I am worried about." A loud buzz from the door Nine just left through caught my ears. Gazing up, I noted the red light glowing atop the doorway. Feeling the floor jolt down, my heart stopped. "Maybe I should worry about me."

Suddenly, you were jolted forward as an immense force pulled at you. You were separated from the main ship. You were separated from Nine.

Again.