1

Cato

I don't know why she ran out.

" Kaylaya no!" Octavia ran following her.

" Shit!" Gale muttered about to follow when we all stopped cold, Kay was begging them all to not shoot, Rafe Somars stumbles out holding a gun to her.

I was about to pull mine to shoot the bastard when Boggs stopped me. " You'll aggrevate them." He says quickly.

I couldn't tell what they were saying, but whatever it was worked. He looked to put his guard down. " Cato." Priya said urgently, I saw it to.

One in the back of Rafe was pointing a gun, another up top in the nest.

They wanted to kill them.

" KAY!"

The gun shots rang out, I saw her go down.

Octavia got shot too.

How would someone even get in out sniper nests? Maybe it was one of us, I know enough people wanted her dead, even in 13. Maybe it was someone from 2, they're smart enough to slip by without these damn novice rebels noticing.

2 also wanted Octavia dead.

All I know, I shot both of them. As soon as the first sot rang out I had my gun in my hand.

That triggered the bloodbath.

At that moment I didn't give a shit who these people were, if I saw one coming close or in my general direction with a gun.

They were dead.

The ones who were smart fell flat on the ground and stayed there until our guards could take them. I don't know if that part was broadcasted or not, the damn rebels still killing the people they said they'd keep safe.

All that was on my mind was Kaylaya.

I saw her go down. I gave her that vest, Octavia had a vest, they had Cinna's clothes. They weren't moving.

I saw red, blood coming from Kaylaya.

I don't know about Octavia.

I heard Boggs getting help over the radio, " I repeat Mockingjay and Darling down! We need Medical right away!"

I hear the screaming of the girls, I hear Priya especially. I hear someone try to hold her back, I hear more gunshots, I hear my heart pounding in my chest.

It's like I wasn't in my body. Everything was flashing before me, Priya was by my side looking at Kay, I hear her sobbing, medical comes but they get Octavia first, I remember yelling, I remember having her blood soaking through her clothes onto my hands.