16

I was lucky enough for our hall to be empty, besides a group of 3 younger girls maybe being 15 in a small group talking and giggling.. before they saw me.

Their eyes said it all, they looked terrified as they all stared at me whether it was because of my reputation or how I currently look. Leaving your boyfriend even though it was a hologram takes a toll, especially when you hear his screams.

I shudder at the thought as I walk past them putting my head down. I've felt this before, the torture the Capitol put on us all stringing loved ones infront of us, it was all to real.

I reach our door opening it to see Cato. Just Cato.

I see the quick jerk in his body I know was a jump, he's on edge to. We look at eachother for what seems like a couple minutes though it was maybe 5 seconds, I go in fully closing the door. Cato got up coming up to me as he embraces me.

" What the hell did they do to you, your shaking." He murmurs.

I didn't realize I was, now I can feel myself tremor against him. I take a deep breath, " They were using our flaws, or fears."

He manages a chuckle, " Yea, I gathered that. What did they do?"

" They used you."

He sighs kissing my head, " Well, I'm here and I'm ok."

I nod still having shakey breaths, " I needed to leave you, you were hurt and you refused to move. I needed to leave you behind to mutts, those damn mutts you had in your games. They killed you and I needed to listen."

I grip onto him harder, repeating it was fake and he's here. He's here with me right now, it wasn't real.

His hands traveled to the sides of my face, " You passed?"

" Yea but-"

He manages a smile, " Good job. I failed."

I blink a couple times, " What? So your not going?" I ask almost panicked. No way I'm going if he's not with me.

He smiles even more, " Yea, we must've had the same thing. They used those mutts to and I was supposed to leave you but I didn't. Instead I tried to fight them off resulting into one supposedly killing me. My dad was pissed... But I told him I'd die trying to protect you."

I sigh, " Cato.."

" He's pulling strings on my test, I'm still coming with. No way I'm leaving you." He kisses me lightly, " I'm never going to be separated from you again, and I'll gladly die for you to be safe. Just know that."

I smile softly, " Your making me look really bad right now."