35

We go in the direction Pollux took Octavia and the Blakes, hoping the mutts didn't somehow get at them and rounded back to get us. All of us were silent as we ran, all stunned from the last hour.

We find them quickly, where they were watching something, Archer and Vad whip their heads towards us guns raised. Archer puts a finger to his lips as they were pinned against a wall. Then I hear the faint conversation of Peacekeepers.

Shit.

" We were waiting to see if you guys were coming, we thought we lost you all." Vad said hurriedly.

" Well what are we waiting for? Let's kill them." Gale answers just lifting his gun.

" Where's the others?" Octavia asks.

It felt like a flash raging in my head, it felt like when I first felt like I was mind melted, I get that pain. I see the mutts, the hissing felt like it was right in my ears, did they follow? I quickly turn back around.

Nothing.

I hear then hissing for Octavia, I shake my head...what the hell is happening?

" Hey...Kaylaya.." Cato says softly.

" It's happening again." I say maybe a little to loud, because the Peacekeepers all shoot their heads in our direction.

" THERE!" One yells. That's when they open fire.

" Dammit!" Gale yells shooting at them. " Avril! The HOLO!"

She quickly flips it on and we're off.

" Come on.." Cato urges pulling me along once again keeping me tightly tucked to his side as my mind spins.

Kill Octavia. Because of Octavia all of this happened to you.

I feel the burning of tracker Jacker venom. I feel myself strapped in those chairs again as they inject me, force me to endure it.

I see myself getting caught, the guards, I see the room they kept Annie and myself in.

" POD!" Octavia yells, in the next second t grinding looking thing comes from the ground right where the peacekeepers were...killing all of them, grinding them into a huge pile of meat.

Their pods killed their own, how many others killed their own?

" Come on Kay!" I hear Cato, I feel my legs growing heavy, I can't run.

KILL HER!

I see Archer come back, grabbing my other side as they both pull me, then jumping. The grinder halting to a stop, I see blood, chunks of flesh, the smell of human death as I slump forward on the cold perfectly polished tile of the underground.