19

Octavia

I could feel all the stares as I walked in with River, I know Gale and Evangeline were still pissed at me, I can feel the burning stares of everyone else, I saw Kaylaya and Priya give a look. I look down, I shouldn't feel guilty, but I am.

It felt like a jab towards Cal, but I know we don't have any future. He hates me. But yet the unsettling feeling still runs deep, even more so seeing Kaylaya's realization.

It's another game.

I bit the inside of my cheek, all the reasoning lined up. Boggs told us to train hard this next week, " Did you want to train for a bit?" RIver asked as he stood.

" She's busy."

Evangeline comes over giving him a hard look before her eyes linger on me, " I need to talk to you."

I give a slight nod glancing at River. " Sorry."

He gives a half hearted smile, " Later." He confirms giving Evie one of his cold looks I hate seeing before leaving the room with Finnick.

She tilt her head, " Walk with me."

I do so, there was a awkward silence as she takes me down halls I've never seen before. I was just about to ask me what she wanted until she spoke. " Johanna and Callahan are in the hospital."

I stop walking, freezing, " What do you mean?"

That's why they weren't at the meeting?

She looks irritable as she nods, " They targeted..as you know. Johanna they flooded the streets, she went into a state that we've sen in Kaylaya and Cal. And Cal... well, it just seemed like everything was setting him off. He went mental, tried killing the holograms.. he did kill one."

" Was it me?"

She finally looks at me fully, " I think it's best that your moving on."

************

Kaylaya

I sit and stare at the hologram for just a moment, a deep wrench settled in my gut. Possible tens of thousands were all planted throughout the Capitol.

I surpress my shudder seeing everyone was still hanging around, besides 12. I saw Evie take Octavia away, I wonder if it's because of.. whatever that was. Never did I think those two.. I snap my attention away, looking at Gale who was watching River Odair leave with such malice, maybe his hatred for him outshone the deep driven hate he had for 2.

I warm hand rubbed my shoulder breaking me out of the trance of all the deep thinking, my eyes traveled to Cato looking down at me, " Ready?"