29

Kaylaya POV

I was awoken to Octavia. She wasn't quiet at all as she tramped through the floor was were all sleeping on and diving in a sleeping bag next to River. I heard him say ' what's wrong' then something muffled, maybe a cry or something.

Cato pulls me closer sighing, " Ignore it." He whispers. And I did, I hope Cal hurt her feelings, I would like maybe a little strangulation but that's just me.

The morning again came soon, Zane pushes Cato roughly, which pushes me. We both sit up looking at him, " Get moving." he says simply, moving to the next which was Evangeline giving the same push which she swats at him. I though for sure he's kick her but he refrains probably knowing having someone with bruised ribs would slow us down.

As she packs up she mutters profanities that made the corners of my mouth quirk up, her and her sharp tongue was always amusing to me.

I look around wondering who had watch, I didn't see Vad or Archer, they must've been the ones. " How was he?" Cato asks quietly.

" Fine. Confused."

He nods packing up the rest of his things, slinging his gun over his back. " Want me to carry yours?"

I shake my head no, I found a way to sling both my gun and bow in an X, using my gun first, and when it goes to shit I'll have my bow, along with the pistol I have concealed at my thigh. It's only an extra 5 pounds I'm carrying at most. It doesn't effect me as much as I think Cato thinks it does.

We all center just outside of the building, Again Boggs and Zane tell us how far we should get.. at least another 15 miles.. watch our step, use our eyes, all that shit so we don't die and get broken victors as replacements.

I glance at Cal, who looked a little..pale, tired, and maybe even bothered though I could justify that. I look away just as quick taking in what they said before we moved out. Today was warm, we maybe walked 2 miles and I was sweating. As I walked I saw Cal walking closer to me, " Can I ask you some questions? Jackson and Boggs think if I ask questions from people that knew me before then I'll learn."

Cato looks at him, he went right inbetween us which I know can set Cato off alone, and the fact he still never really got over his stealing comment. But he knows better then to say anything to set Cal off. I nod, though I don't think I'll be much help, it's not like I really knew him. Not truly, I still don't.

But he smiles and nods, " Alright.. um.. In the games.. why did you want to kill me so badly?"

That seemed to be a strong one right off the bat, and one I don't think has much relevance. But I think, I'm sure to explain it carefully. " Well, Snow..wanted you both dead because of the rebellion.. So he actually brought us to his Mansion and offered us an out since we were reaped. If we killed you, he'd let us go."

He seems to consider that, before a small smile appears. " And.. you believed him?"