26

Octavia POV

Cal.

Cal is walking right towards us, his eyes darting to everyone in.. almost embarrassment. I see the small patch on his jacket saying ' Star Squad' embroidered. He walks just in my direction and River has me fully behind him, Gale, Finnick and Vad quickly coming to his side, as if they really needed all 4 of them to really protect me from Cal.

Maybe they do.

He's been unstable since we got him from the Capitol, he nearly killed me, when he came after me, strangling me it's like he did have unnatural strength.

" What the hell is he doing here?!" River yells to no one in particular.

" What are you doing here Cal?" Evangeline asks going up to him, carefully. She seemed a little nervous fully going to him free, and with a weapon. Cal takes a deep breath, " I literally got called into Coin's office and she told me I was needed here to make..the propos more interesting. I'm guessing that wasn't the case."

" Not even close." Cato says from the side of us eyeing him. Kaylaya looks him over then at me, our eyes locking for a few seconds, then she looks at Cal, her eyes lighting up just a little. I see she's enjoying this, I see she still wants me dead.

And she might just get her wish.

" I'll make a call to the President. Surely there was some type of mistake." Boggs says, " Keep watch on him."

Zane steps up, " Cato, Finnick, on him. Every couple of hours we'll switch off. GO."

Finnick walks over giving me a small reassuring smile nodding at Cal, Cato on the other hand looks royally pissed giving Kaylaya a look before going over to him. " If you make one wrong-" He begins before Cal stops him " I'm dead, I know. I have a feeling someone will be shooting me before this is all done and over with.." He mumbles sending me a look before going to sit down by the fire.

I could see the resentment, that burning hatred he had towards me, it sends a chill through my spine. I see him glance at River, an amused look crossed his face as he looked back at the fire, I could see him slightly shake his head.

" Avril!" Boggs called, " Let's take a walk."

I go to him, River following, Boggs stops him, " I got her Odair. Take a rest."

" I don't trust him.." He spits quietly.

" He'll have a hell of a time trying to get through your brother and Hadley, we're only going on a small walk." Boggs assures.

" And if you take yoru walk and trigger one of those pods that your holo didn't seem to pick up?" River fights back raising a brow. I could feel the tension in Boggs already, River wasn't helping. At all.