22

"Rea!.. Rea!"

She snapped out of her state as she looked at her brother who was calling out to her in panic.

It felt like some type of movie. It didn't feel like a real moment in time.

Rea was almost waiting for Heeseung to step out of the car, scar free. She had seen a couple of race crashes before, most of the racers managed to walk out of the tattered car.

But the shouts of the announcers, the crowd surrounding her, murmuring in worry, and the ambulance and paramedics rushing onto the track made her realize the situation was fully real.

Some of the other racers had safely stepped out of their own messed up vehicles, but Heeseung hadn't.

Rea couldn't help but stand up and run as fast as she could to get on the track. To know if he was okay.

She wanted to see him step out of the car so that she can say "Are you stupid? Why were you on the outer lane?" and he'd just say, "I saw an opening and I took it."

That was all she wanted so that she could slap him silly and complain to him about how annoying he is, just so that they can go out to eat together, completely forgetting about their ten thousandth argument.

But he wasn't stepping out.

"Let me through!" She said loudly as she ripped off her headphones, trying to push through the staff who weren't budging.

They must've thought she was a fan, although she was coming straight from the VIP zone.

Her desperate gaze ran over the scene as the team pulled off the door of Heeseung's car.

He was limp, and blood seeped from the holes of his expensive suit as they carefully pulled him out onto a stretcher.

That's all she needed to see before she started pressing through harder, letting out the sobs that she was holding as she yelled and pushed.

"Heeseung!" She cried as she watched the paramedics pull him into the ambulance. "I need to know if he's okay! Let me through!"

"You'll get news from them later!" One of the staff members said as he struggled against her shoving.

"I need to know now! I need to know. I need to see him. Tell me he's okay!"

"Rea!"

She could only hear Angel's voice as if it were far away. As if someone had lowered the volume on the rest of the world, and all she could see was that stretcher being lifted into the ambulance.

"Let me through!" She screamed angrily, pushing the man's shoulders one last time to which he shook his head, before she dropped to the ground in defeat, sobbing hopelessly as she harshly threw the headphones in her hand.

She placed her head in her hands, before she felt a had around her arm, pulling her up from the ground as she cried loudly.

Her head found her brother's chest as he hugged her tightly.

"He'll be okay, Rea." He muttered the words that he didn't believe himself.

"Ms. Rea!"

She heard behind her, making her turn around quickly at the sound of Heeseung's bodyguard.

"I will be heading to the hospital now, if you'd like I-"

"Take me with you." Her voice was hoarse as she immediately spoke out her thoughts.

The staff that were guarding the way to the track looked at the bodyguard, in slight shock as she was an actual person who knew Heeseung personally.

"Yes, ma'am."