35

Angel furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he heard the door to their hotel room open.

He stood from the bed and walked towards the door, seeing Rea dropping her bag on the floor and taking her shoes off.

He stared at her in confusion as she walked further into the room.

"What's up?" She said as a greeting as she sat on the bed, making him continue to stare at her. "What? I can't be back in my own room?"

He raised his hands in defense as he walked towards his bed and laid down, looking at her for a couple more seconds, before looking up at the ceiling.

Rea looked down at her hands as she tilted her head in thought.

"Angel."

He kept quiet for a few seconds before humming.

"You're being suspected for trying to murder Heeseung." She said softly, making him nod his head slowly.

"I know."

She looked at him, her eyes filled with doubt, but she turned her head back to her hands.

"I know you didn't do anything."

"Good."

His responses were fast, making her notice that her brother had nothing that would make her not be on his side.

"But I have my own suspects." She whispered as she turned in her seat towards Angel, and he looked at her in question.

"Who?"

"Josh, Mr. Kim and Matteo."

Angel furrowed his eyebrows as he sat up and turned to her too.

They looked into each other's eyes. Rea trying to read him and Angel trying to read her.

"I know about Josh, but Matteo? What does he have anything to do with Heeseung?"

Rea couldn't help but smile a little at the genuine confusion on her brother's face. He genuinely has no involvement with this.

"He was at the hospital and he was the one that made Heeseung's pulse drop. But detective Lahaye already told Heeseung that he thinks Matteo has nothing to do with this." She informed confidently.

"What about Mr. Kim?"

"Mr. Kim is just... weird. He was trying hard to get me off your side. He wanted to give me reasons to doubt you. It was almost like he was trying to convince me, instead of trying to inform me on the case."

Angel thought as he nodded his head slowly.

"Do you know why they're suspecting me?"

"It's because they saw a person with your same haircut, and the same build as you. So they think it was you."

"That makes no sense, they should have more than that." He shook his head.

"They said the person had a flower tattoo on his wrist, and that's when I knew it wasn't you."

Angel's eyes widened as he looked down at his wrist.

Her gaze followed his as he lifted his sleeve to show her a small daisy.

Rea furrowed her eyebrows and so did he as he wondered how they had gotten such a description of him. Especially the tattoo that he almost always hid under his long sleeve shirts.

"What?" She whispered out loud as she tilted her head again.

"Rea, I promise I-"

"I know, Angel. I know you're just as confused as I am." She crossed her arms as Angel stood from the bed and started pacing.