34

"Heeseung, sit down."

"No, I'm tired of sitting." Heeseung whined as he casually walked around the hospital room, pushing his IV stand as he chewed on gummies.

Rea rolled her eyes in amusement as she leaned back against the couch.

"Wear a shirt at least, it's cold in here." She suggested as she saw small goosebumps on his upper body, and he only ran a hand over his exposed chest.

"No."

Rea sighed as she watched him with a raise of her eyebrows. Sometimes dealing with Heeseung was like talking to a kindergartner.

He would randomly say he was hot and just walk around in his pajama pants the entire day, only to complain about it being cold a few hours later.

He was lucky that she loved him too much to complain.

"When can I leave this place?"

"You woke up a few days ago Heeseung. Do you really expect to leave that quickly?"

"Yes. I'm tired of being locked in here. I want to go out to eat and have wine. And I want to see my car. Plus, I'm totally fine. I want to go back to training. I can make it to championships if I start training now." He said to her as he almost pouted, making her smile a little.

It was a little funny to her how he had just agreed to rest the day before but now he's back to wanting to race.

"The doctor said you can't have any alcohol just yet. And that your muscles and your head are still too weak for you to race again. Are you trying to get an aneurysm?"

"I'm not going to get an aneurysm. That doctor is exaggerating. Ryan Preece had a horrible accident, but he went back to racing at Darlington a week later."

Rea stared at him blankly and he only let out a small breath of disbelief.

"You don't know who that is?"

She shook her head slowly.

"He's-"

"I don't really care."

"Huh... Rude." He glared at her as she gave him a small smirk, eating some of her own gummy worms.

"You can tell me."

"You said you don't care." He didn't look at her as he randomly messed with her bag out of pure boredom.

"I do. I was just kidding." She giggled quietly making him look at her for a few seconds. "Tell me."

Heeseung ignored her as he threw the empty bag of gummies in the trashcan.

Rea stood up with a smile as she walked closer to him, wrapping her arms around his waist from behind, laying her head against the warm skin on his back.

"Tell me. I'll listen to everything you want to say. Talk to me all you want, baby." She whispered shyly making him smile, but try to contain it as he looked at the ceiling.

"Ryan Preece is a pro racer. He had an accident, pretty similar to mine, but he still went back to racing in less than a week. I can do the same thing." He shrugged softly.

Heeseung turned to face her, to look into her eyes.

Her eyes were a little dark and Heeseung felt himself smile a little.

"Aren't you scared?" She asked him again, making him chuckle softly.

"I think you're the one that's scared."

Rea smiled a little before laying her head against his chest, closing her eyes.

"I am. I don't want you to get hurt."