Chapter 43: Vanguard of the Royals Part 2

Normal POV

"Uhhhh... where are we going again?" Aichi asked as he and his two avatars left the palace of the Royal Paladins. Meanwhile, Kai fell on a similar question as his avatars led him somewhere outside their usual training grounds. Both Vanguards received the same answer from their avatars, "You'll know when we get there, my Vanguard."

Finally, both parties reached an open field in the outskirts of the village. The two Vanguards still had no idea on what was going on until they saw each other in the middle of the field.

"Kai? / Aichi?" The two Vanguards asked in unison.

"Don't tell me..." Kai groaned. The he turned to the four avatars, "What are you planning?"

"Our training today is simple." Alfred said. "All four avatars are required in this training. They will have to fight each other while making sure their Vanguards are safe." He smiled.

"Ohhhhhh" While Aichi tried to think on what he would say, Kai just groaned.

"Whatever happened before that made them think of such an idea... I don't want to know" He murmured as Kai recalled his past trainings. They may have done something similar to this before but to think that even Ezel and King Alfred would even think of doing the same thing... knowing how hard it was and that it may cause their Vanguard's safety.

_____________________________

When both Vanguards and their avatars were ready, they stood on each end of a certain space in the field. Ready for their final activity that week. Once that's done, Blaster Blade Defender suddenly showed up. Instructed by Light Source Seeker, Alfred Exiv to be their referee.

"Should we ask?" Kai said.

"Why not? After all, Blaster Blade is still the avatar of both our Vanguards." Said the other Royal Paladin unit.

"Makes sense" Aichi said.

Blaster Blade's POV

"Since both Vanguards and their avatars have completed the trial of bonds, we will be having an exhibition match for your last day of training." I announced.

With both teams ready, I began stating the rules of the match.

"This is a two on two battle! Both teams must try to knock out the other team while protecting their Vanguards. First team to fall or fail in protecting the Vanguard loses! One little scratch on the Vanguard counts as failure to protect him!" They all nodded. "Ready! And begin!"

Both teams made their move immediately. Toshiki Kai jumped on Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion's back before both dragons took off. Blazing Lion, Platina Ezel came into position while Light Source Seeker, Alfred Exiv went in front of Aichi Sendou in order to protect him. Dragonic Overlord then started to shoot while Ezel jumped to evade and attack. Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion simply dodged Ezel's attacks as to protect Kai. The two Vanguards, who were already used to situations like these simply dodged (or in Kai's case, held on tightly) whenever there were close calls. I, on the other hand, could do nothing but stand and watch as they train themselves for the final battle (while making sure that the Vanguards were safe).

Both teams are on equal grounds. I said to myself. If this keeps up, they might as well fight all day.

》》 Time skip... 《《

Their training did last the whole day as both teams did their best not to lose. And it doesn't look like they would be stopping any sooner.

When I tried to stop their battle for it was getting late, King Alfred said that they would spar a little longer and commanded I go back to the palace and tell whoever was worried that all is well. Never would I dare disobey the kings orders so did as told and left them to continue.