❁Chapter 13❁

All the Alphas have returned to their packs with their new members. It was sorted by lottery.

Thankfully, no one made a scene or asked to be in another pack despite getting a different name.

Feather is exhausted after the farewell of the members and the Alphas, she is about to go to their room to relax when Juliene calls her through the link.

She groans and staggers her feet to where Juliene is. Her office.

"I'm so damn tired, Juls. What do you want?" She grumbles and flops down on the spinny chair, spinning in circle.

Juliene has a somber look on with her arms crossed over her chest. She looks stern and serious, which puts Feather in an alert mode. She sits up straight and stares at her sister in anticipation.

"Stop giving me that look and spit it out." She grits, without her knowing, Feather searches in her mate bond and relaxes when she feels the calm and happy trail in it.

"It's about time we introduced the Aleph to all of them. Through a ceremony. He also needs to be joined with us to have a mind-link with all of us. For his own safety."

Feather rolls her eyes and sighs. She knows what the other is saying is true, but she's so exhausted now to think about such solemn matters. Also, she's still not ready to share Florian with everyone.

What if Florian himself isn't ready to be on a leading role?

"I dunno, Juls. I'll talk to Flo and get to a decision."

Juliene nods understandingly. "I'm just saying the faster it's done, the better. You've got no less enemies, if Florian's not connected to us, it could be used against you.

The other Alphas now know you have an Omega mate. And some of them didn't seem too happy about it. They could join forces and come against you."

Feather growls, feeling both frustrated and anxious from the weight of truth of the words being said. She just doesn't want to admit to them. She huffs and stares out the window for a couple seconds before replying.

"I know. But I also know that they have no chance against me. They wouldn't be able to even form a single army with my men spreaded all over. They know what I've done for them. I trust my people and their loyalty!"

Juliene once again nods solemnly, believing and knowing the Alpha's words by heart but she couldn't also help but worry as a Beta, and as a sister.

It worries her sometimes that being too strong for too long may be taken as an advantage against the young Alpha.

"Just think and talk. I'll get the guards be on more alert, just in case."

Feather rolls her eyes again but she gets it. Juliene gets a little overprotective, even though she is the younger one. Feather's also very protective over her sister, they only have each other from their family now.

So, they're always cautious about any possible danger.

"I will, Juls. Just take it easy and spend some time with Grant. You've been stressing out too much for the past few weeks."

Juliene lets a ghost of a smile take over her face but keeps it shut and rolls her eyes playfully. "I'll head to bed now. Good night."