❁Chapter 23❁

Feather feels the bond break right when she grips a fistful of Damia's hair and stabs at her heart with the wolf's bane coated sword.

She feels it seeping her bones, tearing apart her heart in shreds, burning up her soul like a bonfire then all of it gets soaked up by a gallon of water, and she feels empty.

Her knees weaken, body crashing down on the ground.

Everything around sounds like shrieking ringing, bursting her eardrums, and bloody hands clasp against her ears as she screams.

When the ringing and the burning finally stops, leaving a numb, aching sensation, Feather is a panting and gasping mess on the ground.

No one dares approach her as they're unaware of the turmoil wrecking within her shattered heart.

"Feather."

Bloodshot eyes snap up at the owner of the voice and she wishes she didn't look up.

It was Juliene, tears streaming down her face as she puts a hand over her mouth. She parts her lips to speak but no words come out and she closes it right away.

Feather stares at her lifelessly, her whole body covered in blood, most being her enemies'.

Her wolf's growls of agony tears apart her insides and the pain feels like someone's squeezing her heart out of her chest and toying it with a knife.

Her mind races and body trembles as she glassily stares at the face of her Beta, her sister, who's crying non-stop.

The ringing returns and she can't focus on what's being said to her but everyone has tears running down their faces at this point.

"Flo?"

A weak plea, a desperate hope, a begging need, a desire of assurance and comfort can be felt in the way she calls, and it reaches every wolf alive.

Feather's vulnerable state has gotten her mind-link to falter, and each and every wolf can now feel her anguish as there is no reply from a certain little, sweet Omega.

The last thing Feather feels is her body being burned alive and everything turns dark afterwards.

_________

Forest green eyes stare out the window, eyes filled with grief, threatning to spill down given any chance.

A comfort presence comes behind her and engulfs her in his arms, hugging her closer.

"I- why- h- how could this happen to her?" Her voice breaks, hands gripping the one holding her tightly.

"Jul." A soft press of lips to her neck. "She needs you now. She needs you to be strong for her, for the pack."

"I c-can't."

Grant turns her around and cups her face, wiping away the fallen tears. He kisses her forehead.

"I know it's hard. But she has no one but you."

Juliene's breath shakes as she looks up to meet the loving, concerned gaze of her mate and her heart breaks all over again.

How would her poor sister survive this?

"Sh- she'll die, Grant." She sobs out, buring herself in Grant's arms.

Grant hugs her tighter, closing his eyes to contain his own overwhelming emotions.

"She's Alpha Arya, babe. She can overcome anything. We have to trust in her."

They stay like that for Goddess knows how long till both pull away, readying themselves for what is to come.

Grant holds Juliene's hand tightly.

"Let's prepare for the funeral."

__________

A/N:-

Don't be mad!!

Just bear with me a little longer. This chapter was short cz there'll be a leap in the next one.

Be patient and keep loving my story!
Vote & comment.