❁Chapter 29❁

It was around the rise of dawn when the pair finally give in to their exhaustion and collapse on the soft, dewy meadow.

Sweaty and drenched bodies stay touched, heavy pants leaving their parted, bruised lips as they stare at the first light of the day peeking from behind the horizon.

Florian's head nestles Feather's neck as his arms stay glued around her torso while Feather's one hand is buried in the soft curls she missed so much and the other wrapped around her Omega's petite form.

She'd occasionally press kisses to his hair or forehead and Floiran would kiss her neck or cheek in response.

Just a silent way to constantly assure the other that they're actually together now. In flesh and bone. With a beating heart.

Their newly formed bond being the evidence of their entwined souls and hearts, letting the other feel the overwhelming emotions that's flowing through their mate's veins.

It's refreshing to feel their significant other's emotions after a whole month, but it's also a bit unnerving.

Feather had been so lonely and felt like an empty shell all this time and now to have her mate in her arms, their hearts beating in rhythm, she can't help a few tears that roll down her temples.

Upon noticing the mixture of emotion from Feather through their bond, Florian raises himself by supporting on his elbow.

He looks down at Feather and cups her face, wiping away the fallen drops by the pad of his thumb. Leaning down, he kisses her forehead, slowly peppering kisses down to her nose, eyes and cheeks, finally stopping against her inviting lips.

"I love you." He whispers, their eyes meeting again and both let their wolves take over so their eyes flash brighter.

Feather's hand slides to the back of his neck as she pulls him closer.

"I love you more." She replies with her wolf's voice doubling her tone before crashing their lips in a bruising kiss.

_________

They finally make it to the pack house by late afternoon. Dressed of course.

Feather grips Florian's hand tight as eyes stare their way. Gasps and mumurs echo as shock is displayed clearly over each face.

They stop at the front porch of the pack house and Florina tugs at her hand.

Turning around to face her mate with confusion, Feather finds the others gathered there with curious and questioning expressions.

"I wanna say something." Florian lets her know and she nods, taking a step back to give Florian his space.

He turns to the awaiting faces and feels a bit emotional to see many of them looking at him with teary eyes.

Clearing his throat, Florian shares another glance with his mate before beginning his speech.

"As you all can see, I'm not so dead anymore." He chuckles nervously and the crowd share a relieved smile.

"I'm really sorry for putting you all through the pain of losing a pack member. I'm sure you all must have been devastated by the incident.