Author's Note

Dear Reader,

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for reading Ad Astra.

I hold this novel so dear to me as an author. It was a passion project borne out of pain and heartbreak that transformed into a beautiful story about love and longing that I will forever cherish writing. I somehow managed to write this behemoth of a book in ~6 months, and I owe it to the fact that I just ended up growing so attached to these characters and the world I created. Writing this novel came so effortlessly, and those types of novels are always my favorite to write.

Thank you so much for your likes and comments and continued support on this story. It always warms my heart seeing my readers so invested in the story and characters, so I truly hope you were able to enjoy this novel as well.

I am currently in the early writing stages of this novel's sequel, Per Aspera. I wish I had a publishing date to announce, but I took quite a break from writing after finishing this novel and now that I'm back in the thick of it, I want to make sure I am taking as much time as I need to write a satisfactory sequel. For now, I will say expect a Summer 2024 release date!

I also want to say while I hoped to bring this full circle with an optimistic update about my life, I unfortunately write to you while going through my second wlw breakup. However, this one was mutual, and my ex girlfriend and I parted extremely amicably and had nothing but care and respect for each other, so it just goes to show that there is still love out there and things will get better, and even though I am writing to you single again, I have hope for the future. As we all know, a breakup helped this first novel come to life, and I am sure my newfound free time will have the same effect on the sequel :)

Please keep an eye out for updates on Per Aspera in the future! I'm hoping you'll stick around for the sequel coming out later this year.

Keep on writing,

~Maeve