Chapter 5. Found

VIGGO

"Looks like Sebastian and Neo are already here," Costas states the obvious as we pull up behind Sebastian's blue truck.

When the fuck is he going to get a new one? I wonder. It's at least twenty years old, but he keeps it in immaculate condition. Well, immaculate except for the dent on the passenger door he for some reason has never fixed.

Behind my Range Rover three other SUVs roll to a stop. My dozen Zetas emerge and immediately begin the process of scoping the perimeter of the small pack house we have arrived at.

As I get out of my vehicle the two Alphas in question emerge from the pack house with a young male nervously following in their tow.

Tall, blonde and scenting of new Alpha, the male rushes around the pair to greet me with a ridiculous waist deep bow.

"Alpha King Viggo, welcome to Arden Valley. This is an unexpected honor. Please, come inside, " He says with a sweep of his hand toward the small and unremarkable pack house.

"Thank you Alpha Caden. We will not be here long." I remark with a nod, leaving him with Costas as I walk past him towards Sebastian and Neo.

I haven't seen either of them in four years. Not since the day I told them I was taking another as my Luna.

Kyros prickles under my skin as he senses Sebastian's excited energy. Neo though is still pissed with me I see. Her blue eyes squint at me with heated anger still simmering below as I walk toward them.

"What are you doing here Alpha Viggo?" She snaps.

I crack my neck as I subdue Kyros's reaction.

"Watch your tone Alpha Neo. Being the mother of my mate will not help you if you cross Kyros."

Very little scares Neo, I know, she is a she wolf unlike any other, but she has never faced Kyros's temper and I respect her well enough to keep him at bay.

Sebastian cups her elbow as she flashes her canines at me unperturbed by my warning

"Genesis, I sent the video to Costas. I asked Viggo to come." He says looking down at his mate who redirects her angry glare his way.

"And did I waste my time coming again?" I get to the point as Kyros's restlessness after a long drive begins to prickle at my spine.

Sebastian's beaming smile stops the universe.

My heart leaps in my chest. The prickling in my spine turns to pain as Kyros urges an excited shift.

"It's her. I'm certain. We picked up her scent on the edge of the township. Her scent is everywhere in the woods around the house she's been living in."

"And why did you not get her already?" I growl, the depth of my voice deepening as Kyros shifts forward. My gums burn as my canines enlarge and lengthen. I run my tongue across my teeth tasting blood which only excites Kyros more adding to the exhilaration surging in my body at Sebastian's unbelievable news.

A dark look crosses both Sebastian and Neo's faces as they glance at each other. Sebastian answers my question.

"She's living with shifters. Bears. We were unable to get to her. Alpha Viggo!"

Sebastian calls after me as I storm off angrily into the woods, my clothes shredding as Kyros completes his shift.

I don't even break my stride, the shift as effortless as breathing.

Sebastian and Neo pace beside me as Kyros leads us into the woods. His long legged pace making Neo almost run to keep up.

"Alpha Viggo. You can't go storming in there. We don't know what her situation is. We need to negotiate a meeting not start a war." Neo's reasoning falls on deaf ears. In my lycan form I cannot respond verbally so I link them my responses directly.