Chapter 4: Awkwardness

[Insert quote here]

<=><=><=><=><=><=><=><=><=>

Once P.E. Lessons had reached their end, I began to shower in those insanely nice showers, I hadn't used them before because the program here never produced any sweat for me, but this time I thought showering would be quite nice.

And damn, I was right, the water quality was good, you actually could press the button for shampooed water to come out, just like in a carwash, and well, the experience is great.

What is quite weird to me, is that nobody else uses the showers, maybe because they want to wash themselves at home, but I am a person who hates to waste time.

<=>

After showering and drying myself, I went to get changed and dried my hair. Nothing special as of now, if it wasn't for somebody waiting for me. Who perhaps had all the time to.

Ignoring it and finally getting going, I noticed that this person went on to follow me, turning right at each hallway crossing, I could confirm that this person was following me.

A regular student in this school would have no chance of recognizing that they are being followed since that person made sure to leave a huge gap, but was quite terrible in hiding in the first place.

Without that minor mistake, I wouldn't have noticed at all.

...Maybe I would because the human senses can detect gazes directed at you from ten to a hundred meters away.

So I guess trusting our instincts when it's dark outside should be important, even more so for girls my age.

However, approaching the classrooms, I decided to head into the room of Class C, confirming something myself, and letting the person know where I was.

"You could do better, Ryueen."

Just with a short look inside, I confirmed it for myself, their classes ended some time ago, and nobody was in the school building except that follower.

But just as I wanted to leave the classroom, the shadow of that person was illuminated on the ground, telling me where that person was, with a swift move, I reached for that person's collar, dragging her close.

"Is something the matter or why are you following me?"

"H-How have you noticed?!" She had brown hair just like mine, and thicker lips than the usual 15-year-old.

Also, she was wearing her school uniform, and I recognized her on the first look. Nishino Takeko from Class C.

She is an attractive girl for sure, but she is relatively unknown to me since we never exchanged words or even looked each other in the eye.

"If I take the corner in the same direction at least four times, that's a signal that I feel followed since I will get back to the same route if I do so. If you follow someone, make sure to escape when seeing the person do this."

"But- I was quite far away, how have you noticed? I am genuinely surprised by your awareness."

"You were unlucky and I was able to hear your steps, if there were other people in the school building, you wouldn't have been caught. Why are you following me?"

"Not your business."

"I still have your collar on my left hand, you have nowhere to go right now, just tell me why, and I won't do anything against it. Reporting you to the school for being absent from your afternoon classes is quite embarrassing, isn't it?"