Chapter 7: Absolute Dominance.

"When what you hear and what you see don't match, trust your eyes." - Dale Renton.

"In love, the paradox occurs, that two beings become one and yet remain two." - E. S. Fromm

<=><=><=><=><=><=><=><=><=>

Aftermath of the Special Exam.

With Kiyotaka coming in clutch once again, we were lucky and didn't end up last, and once again, we were rescued.

And thus, I decided that one thing was missing. I haven't thanked him properly, have I? But how should I thank a guy properly? A 'Thank you.' is worthless nowadays, most of the time people don't mean it at all.

But for now, I should focus on the situation at hand. Not far away from the school building, somewhere in an alley, which appeared to have no cameras at all, I was standing, waiting for the two people to speak.

Kushida and Ryueen, both successfully lured me into a trap, not knowing what or who was about to hit them.

"Yo. So you didn't run away, after all, Suzune"

Ryueen began to talk, after all, was there any other option left? If I didn't come here, he would immediately report that staged injury to the school.

"I'll be damned if I run away here. Of course, I'd come"

"Your heart's in the right place. You've become a finer woman than you were before"

I'm not pleased one bit even if he praises me in such a manner.

"But before I talk with you...let's put an end to this farce already, shall we? Kushida-san"

"Ehh? Farce? What do you mean by that?"

In the school building bathed in evening light, I stared straight at Kushida-san. And she wouldn't want to drop it I guess.

"I don't mind you playing the good guy here but that's not what you're after right? This sports festival. You leaked the information. That's why Class C was able to pull it off so brilliantly. The fact that I'm here like this now with Ryuuen-kun is also for that sake...am I wrong?"

If it wasn't for her, I doubt that we would have ended up in the lower places at all. More like the top 8 and above. But this is way too hard to achieve with someone like Kushida working in a completely different direction.

"...Come on, where did you hear something like that from? Hirata-kun? Ayanokouji-kun?"

She immediately assumed I knew this information from Kiyotaka, and told me they talked as well, but in a different manner for sure.

Kiyotaka would never allow himself to even get into such a situation, While I did, I failed without him once again.

"No. These are my thoughts. I couldn't shake off that sense of unease. He's the only one here right now. Isn't it about time we confront one another?"

"Confront each other? What do you mean?"

I don't blame her for not understanding these types of words, since she probably lived to understand that she doesn't have two personas, even though she has.

She still desperately tries to hide it. Even though she is aware of the fact that Ayanokouji, Ryueen, and I, have seen through her a long time ago.

I don't know about Kiyotaka, but I assume he didn't take long to catch it either.

"At the very beginning, I saw you on that bus trying to convince Kouenji-kun to give up his seat. To be honest with you, I didn't recognize you back then. But I immediately remembered you afterward....."