Dorms, Breakfast, And Barrels

I froze as I saw his eyes glance at me. I'm not sure if he recognized me, I had grown taller, and I had gained a little bit of weight. (I was malnourished when I lived with my great aunt.)  "He couldn't have recognized me. I look a lot better. I'm healthier... he won't be able to remember me anyway... right?" I thought to calm myself.

    I think he recognized me, but he didn't say anything. I was terrified. Memories of that horrible day-wait that wasn't that horrible I didn't get hurt. I was freed from my aunt. I considered thanking him, but then I remembered chalk board voice. I decided to stay away from Snape as much as possible.

    I tried to finish my food, but the thought of professor Snape teaching me kind of scared me. Okay... it scared me a lot. Eventually I just stopped trying to eat, and just focused on hiding from Snape's scary stare by behind Cedric.

    After everyone finished dinner, we all got up, and walked to the basement. We were near the school kitchens.

    Cedric walked up to a stack of barrels, and tapped one with his wand like a drum. A hidden door was revealed.

    We all walked into a room. Cedric explained that it was called the Hufflepuff Common room. I was excited, looking at the happy looking decor. It seemed just a little deceptive. Just like many-if not all-humans. As if it was hiding dark secrets like most-if not all-humans.

    Cedric explained some stuff about the boy's dormitories, and the girls dormitories that kind of stuff. Me and the girls went up some stairs that led left, while the boys went up stairs that led to the right. Me and the other girls had to avoid five different boobytraps.

    We eventually got into our dorms. I sat down on a bed. I could tell which one it was because it had the smallest suitcase under the bed. I lay down. I wish I could say that I had the good fortune of falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, but I actually had too much anxiety to even close my eyes for more than three seconds.

    Eventually, by some miracle I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning, sore and grumpy. I went down with the rest of the students to get breakfast. I saw professor snape walking with the students that wear the green. I ducked and hid behind Cedric.

    I sat down for breakfast. I looked around the great hall. I saw three kids walk to their table. The one was the girl that I sat on the train with. We hadn't talked much save a few pleasantries. The other two were boys. One had red hair, and the other had black hair, and glasses. They looked about one to two years older than me. I nudged Cedric. "Who's that, Cedric?"

    Cedric smiled, "That's Harry Potter. He's kind of a celebrity around here. And the red head is Ron Weasley. He's Harry's best friend. And the girl is Hermione Granger. She's smart."

    "I met Hermione on the train. We sat together. Are they second years?"

    "Yes."

    I went back to eating my food, but I only got a few bites in, when unfortunately I felt the all too familiar feeling of someone-or something-watching me.

    I looked around, and saw professor Snape watching me. What was wrong with that man? (Apparently a lot was wrong with him, but who am I to judge?)

__________________________________
Hey guys, I know this chapter is a little short. I wanted to make sure to get it out before 2024, and before my bedtime. Happy new year!