Exhaustion

I lay down on my bed, exhausted. I fully intended to go to sleep, but I heard a noise again. I got up, and checked my watch. 8:30 p.m. I had thirty minutes until I was required to stay in my own dorm. And I had one hour until lights out.

I pulled on my bunny slippers, and walked out of my room. I saw the ginger girl again. She was behaving... off. I was confused, and a little frightened, but I followed her. She had that blasted book in her hands. (I just got goosebumps whenever I thought of that book. And not in a good way.)

    I followed her, keeping my distance. I heard a person seemingly whispering backwards, and then I heard a cat meowing. Suddenly, all was silent. I heard angry urgent voices, and the screeching of a distressed Filch. I cringed. I heard Professor Snape's voice, and because of my deep dislike for him, I hurried back to my room.

    I lay back in my bed, pulling the quilt over myself all the way up to my chin. I snuggled my stuffed toy dog. I slowly drifted off to sleep.

"You're going to die next."

I saw Cedric, standing how he always stood in this dream. I wanted to engage in witty banter, but I couldn't move.

Cedric walked towards me with the knife again, just as he had before. The knife was about to slice into my chest when suddenly-

I woke up, exhausted, my quilt and sheets were tangled from my thrashing. It wasn't even 11:00 p.m. I groaned, annoyed. I lay back down, but was unable to sleep at all that night. I sat up around 2:00 a.m. I grabbed my homework books so I could study. (No reason to let the night go to waste if I can't sleep, right?)

    I whispered "Lumos." And my wand was illuminated. I began to read.

    I read for a few hours. When I looked at the clock again, it was 7:06 a.m. I yawned, exhausted. I got up, and washed my face, hoping that the cold water would jolt me awake. It did. For a few seconds. Then, I felt more drug out than before. I dried my face, and made my bed. I went dow to the great hall for breakfast. I yawned, and grabbed some food.

    "You look like shit."

    I looked up to see a boy about one year older than me. He had blond hair, slicked back so not a hair was out of place. It was quite obvious that somebody took at least an hour (and an entire tub of hair gel) to do that. He wore a green scarf (Slytherin color) and his outfit was obviously costume tailored for him. I remember him from Diagon alley and the train station. He had two boys, slightly taller than him, standing slightly behind him. He sneered at me, and walked away.

    I grabbed a muffin, and started eating. I felt exhausted, I wanted to sleep, but every time I closed my eyes I'd see Cedric with the knife, and Snape in the corner. I didn't know what to do, but I knew that if I didn't sleep, I couldn't dream. I almost grabbed coffee to keep me awake, but I remembered that I'd rather turn myself inside out and stab an unsharpened pencil through my esophagus before I drank that bitter nasty stuff. So I settled for some earl grey tea.

    After breakfast, we went down to the dungeons for class. Potions class was first today, which meant I had to be around Snape.

    I sat down at my desk. I heard a few girls talking behind me. I looked back, and saw a girl with red hair, in Gryffindor robes. She had a black book hidden under her textbooks-wait a minute! That's the girl I saw in the bathrooms! I didn't mention it, because I didn't want to think about it. Professor Snape stormed in. The room fell silent. The mean blond boy accompanied him.

    Snape cleared his throat. "Im only going to say this once, students. So use those things on the side of your head called ears to listen. I know that will be a little challenging for some of you..."he paused and looked at a couple of students who were misbehaving. He thumped a book on their desk, and then continued with his lecture. "Today we will be having a surprise quiz." Everyone groaned, and I could have sworn I saw the hint of a smirk on his face. "Mr. Malfoy will be assuring that there will be no cheating." He pointed to the blond Slytherin boy, whose face shone of cruel arrogance.

    I started on the quiz, reading everything carefully. Before I knew it, I was done. I smiled to myself. So, the early morning studies weren't in vain. That's good.

    I handed my quiz to Professor Snape. He told me to do something quiet, and non-disruptive for the rest of the class. I lay my head on my arms and fell asleep.

"You're going to die next."

    I woke up. I'm not dealing with that shit again. I guess I'll just have to get used to sleep deprivation.

__________________________________
Hello my beautiful readers. It's me: the Author of this fan fiction. I just want to remind you, that this is all fictional. I do NOT recommend sleep deprivation as a way to fix your problems.