If This Isn't Death, What Is It?

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ this chapter will contain mentions of puberty and the changes that a young woman's body goes through during puberty. Contains mentions of blood🩸. If you are uncomfortable with this type of topic feel free to skip this chapter. It's sole purpose is to show Snape and Katria's relationship growth. I'll explain my thought process about this at the end of the chapter, because I don't want to give spoilers. I put my inspiration for this chapter up on the top. And without further ado... ON WITH THE CHAPTER!
__________________________________

I woke up to a cool June morning. I looked at my clock. It was 7:40 A.m. As I woke up fully I became aware of a dull pain in my stomach growing more painful by the minute in my stomach. I had a migraine, and I also felt like I wet the bed. I just figured that this was just going to be one of those shitty days.

I groggily went to the bathroom to do my business. I had extra clothes and I intend on taking a shower. When I stepped into the shower I felt something... I looked down and saw blood running down my leg. I immediately panicked. I put my clothes back on, and ran through three house to the kitchen where Snape was making himself his earl grey tea.

"Professor?"

He looked up at me, setting the teapot down. "What is it? Is everything alright?"

I shook my head. "No! Everything is not alright! I'm dying."

He raised an eyebrow. "What makes you think that you're dying faster than most people?"

"I'm bleeding out of my umm..." I gestured to the area. "And my stomach hurts really bed, and I've got a migraine."

Snape looked almost ready to laugh. "Don't worry. You're not dying. This is completely normal for young girls your age."

"This is normal?"

"Very normal. It's part of growing up." He gave me a reassuring look.

"So, what is it?" I asked, confused.

"It's just your first period. Nothing to be scared of. It will hurt, but I have a potion to help with it."

My jaw fell open. "First? You mean there'll be more?!?" (See what I did there? It's a legend of the guardians reference. Hehe.)

He chuckled at my reaction. "Yes. But don't worry. I don't think it will be fatal... for you. It might be fatal for me..."

"What do I do?" I asked, flipping my hands as if I had just washed them, and there was no hand towel.

"I'll take you to see Madame Pomfrey. She'll be able to explain this stuff better than I." He handed me a hot cup of tea. "But first we need to eat."

I took the tea. As I drank the tea I slowly calmed down. A house elf walked in with pancakes, and set them in front of us. I noticed that mine had chocolate chips in them. I hadn't realized it before, but now that I think about it... I was craving chocolate like crazy.

    I started eating my pancakes. They were good, but I didn't really take the time to stop and enjoy them because I was a little too worried about my visit to the Hogwarts Hospital Wing.

    Snape noticed my nervousness but didn't say anything. Either he felt awkward talking about it, or he didn't care.

     After lunch Snape took me to the fireplace. "Professor, why are we in a fireplace? Shouldn't we be going to Hogwarts?"

    Snape smiled slightly. "We are going to Hogwarts. Have you ever traveled by floo?"

    I shook my head no. Snape smirked. "You're in for a treat then. Just make sure you don't get sick."

    He grabbed some weird powder. He held onto my shoulder, and threw the powder at our feet he spoke while doing this. "Hogwarts!"

    We appeared in the Professor Snape's office's fireplace. He led me to the hospital wing. "Pomfrey, we have a feminine issue, and since I'm pretty sure you're a girl, and you understand it better than me I'd like you to explain it to her."

Madame Pomfrey nodded, sat me down and began to explain what a period is, how it functions and some other topics that were uncomfortable. (The birds and the bees.) after I was thoroughly disgusted by the human race and all mammals she let me leave.

I looked at Snape. "I understand why you had her explain that now..."

Snape acted as if I hadn't said that. He was not interested in talking about this topic further. "We must be off. I have some errands I need to run." He took my hand, and we entered the fireplace once more. He spoke clearly. "Diagon Alley!" We were engulfed in a painless green inferno, and transported to Diagon Alley.

_______________________________
    Why I wanted to write this chapter is because I wanted to emphasize the change in Katria and Snape's relationship. Before, she was uncomfortable even looking at him, and now she trusts him enough to come to him and ask about the uncomfortable topics like periods. I understand some people might not like this kind of topic, and that's okay. It's not for everyone. But I wrote this because I liked this idea.

    Thanks again for reading my fan fiction. It means a whole lot to me.