Googly Eyes

I woke up very early. Today was the day the other Hogwarts students come back! I was very excited. I had barely been able to get any sleep. If Snape found out about this, he would probably ground me for not sleeping. He's very strict about that kind of thing.

    I got dressed in a maroon outfit. I like to match my pants to my top, and wear a necklace or belt or some kind of accessory that has a color that compliments the color I wear.

For example: Maroon pants and top, paired with a mint green belt. Or if I wore a sky blue outfit, I might wear neon orange hoops. But I NEVER wear yellow with blue. I hate HATE yellow and blue together. (No offense Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff couples.) It's a terrible color combo, and I'm sure hell is decorated with it.

But there I go rambling again. back to what I was saying...

I put on my clothes, and I brushed my face, and washed my teeth-I... got that backwards. I washed my face and brushed my teeth.

I went downstairs to help Snape prepare some last minute things for the upcoming school year. I basically followed him around holding stuff for him while he set various traps for the Weasley twins. In case they tried to prank him or his students.

I didn't understand all of what he was doing, and he offered no explanation. He did look like a child who was getting away with some tremendous naughtiness though...

He started tidying up the Slytherin common room. After a little bit of complaining (from me) and persuasion (from Snape and Professor Sprout), I helped Professor Sprout clean up the Hufflepuff common room. (Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, etc.) I found one galleon between the couch cushions, so I decided cleaning wasn't so bad after all.

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, the students arrived. I practically jumped into Cedric's arms as he came down the path. He had grown taller, and so had I.

After I released him from my rib crushing hug (Sorry about that, Cedric.) he spoke. "I missed you, kid." He tousled my hair like a big brother.

I glared at him for that. "This took me three minutes to brush!" I joked trying to fix my hair.

He laughed, and looked at me again. I had grown much taller, and gained more weight. (A healthy amount.)

"So, what did you do over the summer?" He asked, excited to catch up with me.

"I learned how to swim!" I said excitedly. "Snape taught me."

Cedric smiled. "Thats really good. I personally believe everyone should learn how to swim. It's a life saving skill."

I nodded. "Thats what Snape said..."

We walked to the Great Hall, and sat in our usual seats, with me next to him. He kept looking over at the Ravenclaw table, at the girl named Cho. I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you making googly eyes at her?" I asked around a mouthful of bread.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, kid." He replied. "And, I'm not making googly eyes. That sounds weird."

"Well, you're being weird." I answered, making sure to swallow before speaking.

"You wouldn't really understand..." He returned.

My eyes went wide. "You like like her?"

Cedric blushed a light shade of pink, and nodded. "Thanks for letting everyone know." He sarcastically answered."

"See? I understand. It's icky, but I understand." I made a face thinking about Cedric liking someone.

A boy next to me nudged me. I think his name was Jasper Kravington. "Oooooooooooooh! Are you jealous, Strand?"

I choked on my pumpkin juice. "What?!? Ew! He's WAY older than me. Yes, Cedric is attractive, but he's sixteen, and I'm twelve. Do the math. That is disgusting."

Cedric chuckled at my reaction, and handed me a napkin. "You got pumpkin juice on your... well... everywhere."

I wiped my face off with the napkin, and finished my food in relative silence. I did see Draco talking to Harry Potter about... something. I'm not sure what though.

I tugged Cedric's sleeve. "Cedric? Did something happen that I don't know about?"

Cedric nodded. "You're lucky you didn't take the train to Hogwarts today. There are rumors that a..." his voice dropped to a whisper. "That a dementor almost killed Harry and our newest teacher." He explained.

"Why always a dementor on the Hogwarts express?" I asked, confused.

"It seems that a dangerous convict escaped Azkaban." He showed me a picture in the Daily Prophet of a crazy looking man. "Sirius Black... he betrayed Harry Potter's parents, you see."

Seeing the picture, I jumped a little. It was the crazy man from my dreams...

Cedric talked more about Sirius Black. "Apparently he was James Potter's best friend... I can't imagine betraying my own best friend to he-who-shall-not-be-named..."

I nodded, listening to his words. "I wonder why Snape didn't tell me..."

Cedric paused. "It's not a bad thing that he didn't tell you. After all, it's none of your business..." He patted my back comfortingly. "Don't worry, you should be safe. Snape will make sure of that."

I nodded, still pondering why Snape kept such important information from me.