Percy Is Back

Throughout the school year, Percy was only allowed to visit during breaks

Throughout the school year, Percy was only allowed to visit during breaks. He was able to make it for my birthday which made it a happier one than I thought I was going to have. It felt strange without Castor slamming a purple cupcake into my face like he did every year. Pollux threw me a big breakfast party with our close friends in our cabin. Later, Percy and I celebrated it by Long Sound Island sharing a few lunchables and having Sunny D. It was peaceful and relaxing with lots of laughter. It was just the both of us for the evening until Mrs. O'Leary came and decided to lay in our laps.

Then Spring Break came. The war
council started talking strategies. Beckondorf and Percy started to plan out an attack on Luke's ship, Princess Andromeda. Cabins started to practice more with weapons and battle formations. The year round campers were working hard on making Green Fire and other traps for the future. There were more raids and missions against our enemies. We could feel the war coming closer.

Sally and Paul got married a little after Spring Break. Percy brought me as his plus one. The wedding was small and simple. The ceremony was outside at a gazebo for close family and friends to attend. Then the reception was in a Italian restaurant they rented out. Percy and I danced a few songs that we know the moves to, but a majority of the dances we just free styled. Paul and Sally had to step in to teach us how to dance correctly. We followed their instructions, but then we got bored and did our own thing again. It was a good breather from the demigod world filled with laughter and smiles.

When summer hit, things were different. Beckondorf and Percy were constantly going over their plan to finalize it. It was only a two man job and I fought tooth and nail against it. Percy managed to have my dad work with him to not allow me to go. It was a rare sight to see the both of them agree on something.

I was mad at him for a couple of days. Percy shrugged it off and just told me he would rather have me mad at him and alive, then face regret and sadness. When he had to head back home, I refused to let him leave my arms.

I knew of the plans Chiron, Annabeth, and Sally had for Percy. They told me of course, so I was aware. However, Percy did not. They wanted him to have a normal summer. Which meant not coming to camp as often as he usually would until it was time for the plan of attack on Princess Andromeda. We tried to make every second count between the meetings, trainings, and Percy heading back home.

And then there was the issue of Percy still being friends with Rachel. They have been hanging out a lot during the summer when Percy wasn't at camp. He said it was because he needed something to tie him to the mortal world and take a breather from the monsters and the war. I couldn't exactly blame the guy. He had the weight of the world on his shoulders, the prophecy, the upcoming mission, and fighting monsters.

Plus, it wasn't like we were officially dating. Now, that is what is causing my jealousy to go into over drive. We had no official label. Everyone at camp knew we had something going on. The other girls had backed away from Percy, thank gods, but the girls in the mortal world have no clue. Well, besides Rachel Elizabeth Dare. I'm just hoping she's getting the hint that she's a girl friend and a girlfriend.