Roman Mob

Percy started to lead me down the streets of New Rome

Percy started to lead me down the streets of New Rome. Our hands were intertwined. Percy rubbed his thumb over my knuckles. I didn't want to let his hand go. I didn't want to risk the idea of him ever leaving me again. My heart couldn't take it.

"So, I told you my side of Hera kidnapping me." Percy glanced down at me. "What about you?"

"Gods..." I breathed out a shaky breath. "I thought I lost my mind, honestly. Those three days before Jason regained his memory...I was looking everywhere for you. I tried to storm into Olympus, but that's kind of hard to do when you can't even get to the elevators."

"Did you get any sleep?" Percy frowned, his hand reaching out and lightly swiping under my eye. "Because you have bags under your eyes."

"Not really." I admitted. Percy's frown deepened. "My mind wouldn't shut up with all of the possibilities of where you could have gone and then once I did find out where you were, it was the nerves. I was worried with how you were doing over here with your memory wiped."

"I couldn't get you out of my mind either." Percy said. The both of us just entered the city. We passed by an elderly couple who smiled at us. "I was scared to even speak your name, that I would lose even just the thought of you. What else?"

"Well..." I hesitated. "The day when Jason, Piper, and Leo came back from their quest, I went to look for you for a couple of days. Annabeth, Seth, and Rachel came with. We were starving and just happened to be over my hometown. The closest place was my mom's winery."

"Uh-oh...how did that turn out?" Percy asked as we crossed the street toward a cafe.

"To put it short, she's definitely moved on." I grumbled. Percy raised a brow in question. "The winery business is definitely booming. They expanded and grew a lot. My mom got married and has a four year old girl."

"On the bright side, you have a sister." Percy tried to lighten up the situation.

"She didn't even introduce us to each other. I was referred to as 'important people'." I scoffed. "We left after that."

"I'm sorry, Ives." Percy brought me closer to his side and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. Our hands were still intertwined. "How's...how's my mom and Paul?"

"They're doing good." I reassured him. I felt him sigh in relief. "They miss you though. I told them that we were coming to get you. Your mom said she got your voicemail."

"Good." Percy exhaled. "Once my memories started to come back...I just had to call her."

"You did the right thing." I reassured him. "She needed that. Both her and Paul-"

A shrill sound pierced the air. Light flashed in the corner of my eye. Percy and I turned to look what that was. An explosion blast a new crater in the forum. Demigods were going into a panic.

"Giants?" I let go of Percy's hand to reach for my necklace but then cursed under my breath. I left it in my cabin to follow Terminus's rule. "I thought you guys defeated them?"