Dirt Face

Dad quickly pulled Percy aside and quickly spoke to him in hushed tones

Dad quickly pulled Percy aside and quickly spoke to him in hushed tones. I strained my ears to try and listen in, but it was just a garbled mess. Percy's face darkened and he gave my father a curt nod, glancing at me. A hand gently clasped on my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder to see that Poseidon stood beside me.

"He's all right." Poseidon informed me. A smile tugged on the corner of his lips. "I think Dionysus hates to admit it, but he's warming up to my son."

"I sure hope so." I breathed out.

"Take care out there. Be careful of the ground." Poseidon warned. "I think your father is telling Percy the same thing. Take care of each other."

"Always." I nodded. "The stuff Percy's been through..."

"I know." Poseidon's face turned grim. "I know...and you've been through it as well. The love you two have for each other is something I haven't seen in a while. You two make Aphrodite proud."

The love goddess must have heard her name, because she turned to face us. A gentle smile grew on her face as her eyes gleamed with joy and worry. The others were being rushed onto the ship.

"Be careful out there." My father warned. "I hate saying this, but...ugh, stay close to Peter Johnson-"

"Dad, seriously?" I gave him a look. "You know his name."

"And I'll keep ignoring it until he proves he's earned it." Dad huffed.

"He's proven to you a thousand times that he has." I gave my dad a pointed look. A few feet behind my father, Percy crossed his arms and nodded in agreement. Poseidon fought a grin and nodded along. I held back the urge to roll my eyes at the father son duo. "Trust him, because I do."

"Eh." Dad flicked his hand.

"And so does Ariadne." I told him. Dad simply shrugged. Someone called Percy's and my name. I bit my lip and gave my dad a weak smile. "I'll see you soon, yeah? You'll be back at camp once we save it?"

"Give it a few days, but yes." Dad nodded, a smug grin growing on his face. "Show them how powerful a child of mine truly is."

"You got it." I smirked.

It wasn't long until Percy and I had join them. Jason and Leo were the only ones who stayed on deck. The rest of us were below the hatch in the hold.

I didn't have a chance to ask Percy what my father told him. I was suddenly pressed against the wall as I tightly held Percy's hand. It was like the carnival ride I rode when I was six. It was in the shape of an alien ship and with the speed of the ride, everyone was plastered against the wall. That ride was fun, this one not so much. It felt like my stomach was still back in Greece and any air in my lungs was gone.

The ship rattled and creaked, causing Percy to tightened his hold on my hand. Suddenly the pressure lessened and we were able to move. My head spun. Festus creaked in alarm from above the deck. Frank and Hazel were the first to stumble toward the hatch. They used the guided rope that was tied to the mast to climb on deck. Piper and Annabeth followed right after with Percy and I at the end. I had to stop for a second to catch my bearings.