Chapter 3: Thy Enemies

The Morning came on the world of Tatooine, given permission to stay at the palace that once belong to the Mighty Jubba the Hutt and retaken by the former Bounty Hunter.

Silya and Suri were gathered in the throne room, standing no either side of the map, with the others as 8D8 was explaining what has happened over the last five years after the downfall of Jubba and Fourtuna's rule.

"And here you see the businesses that were under the protection of the name that should not be spoken." he states, looking up at Boba. "You can say Jubba." Boba assures him.

Silya turns her head to Suri was grins to herself, "Under the protection of Jubba the Hutt." 8D8 spoke with hesitation. "He's dead. He can't hurt you." Boba assures him.

"I was concerned that you would feel insulted." 8D8 informs him, Fennec shifts in her spot. "Why would I feel insulted?" Boba questions him. "Maybe Fortuna hated being lesser than Jubba?" Silya suggests.

Making everyone look over at her, she shrugs at them. "Because you felt threatened." 8D8 informs him, Boba just blinks at him, "Well, now I am insulted." he states as he rose from his chair. "Apologizes, Master Fett." 8D8 immediately apologizes. "Can you just get on with the briefing?" Fennec questions the droid.

"Seconded." Suri spoke up, her arm was crossed at her chest as her other was prop up on it and her finger tapping her at lip. Boba steps away from his throne.

"After the sail barge disaster, there was a power vacuum. Bib Fortuna assumed Jubba's mantle. Under Master Bib's watchful eye, Mos Espa was divided amongst three families." he states, humans pay close attention to the map.

"The Transdoshans took the city center. The Aqualish, the Worker's District here. And the Klatooinians, the starport and upper sprawl." 8D8 spoke as the areas of the city were highlighted with different colors.

"Interesting." Suri mutters tapping her finger. "MasterBib did not have the power of Jubba, so he relied on uneasy alliances to preserve his tribute and title. All of this while lining the pockets of Mayor Mok Shaiz." 8D8 explains.

Silya crosses her arms and paces, "But who gave him that sort of power? What did this... benefactor gain from helping Bib Fortuna stay on the throne?" she questions, "It can't the Hutts, they wouldn't be dumb enough to allow a domo of their cousin to rule. It must be someone with just the same amount of power to equal theirs." Suri spoke up.

Boba exhales as he paces, "Where does that leave us now?" Boba questions as Fennec joins his side. "Everyone is waiting to see what kin of leader you are." 8D8 informs him as Boba stops and looks at him.

"And the assassins?" he questions as Fennec looks down at the map, "Mayor has no power. Somebody else is behind that play." Fennec spoke up as she and Boba lock eyes.

"The Hutts." he spoke, Fennec nods at him. "Could be." he answers, but Suri shook her head, "That's too obvious. I'm getting a gut feeling that a third party is behind this." she spoke up.

The two looked at her, "You think some else is working against me?" Boba asks her, she turns her head to him. "Someone that wants to pit you and the Hutts against one another. The Hutt family are powerful, yes. But you, Boba. You're a threat to this third party's rule." she spoke.

Silya raises her head, looking at the blind dark Jedi. "And many people, wealthy people would benefited if you were removed from the throne. But the people, the middle and lower classes would also benefit from your continued rule and this third party may not like that." she informs him.

Fennec flicks his eyes at Boba "Want me to ask around?" she asks him. "Would they know if you did?" Boba asks her. She grins at him, "We should assume so." she assures him, making Suri chuckle. "We should wait." Boba informs him.