Chapter 8: The Bonds I Form

In the outskirts of the Dune Sea, Pykes were dealing in the spice upon their land speeder.

"It's all here." the pyke assures his partners as the container held the credits. "We'll have the spice and take the credits back to Mos Eisley. The rest will follow." the other informs them as some walk into the dealings.

"Do you know where you are, gentlemen?" Cobb Vanth, the Marshal of Mos Pelgo, questions them. One reaches for his blaster "Think it through." he warns the Pykes, resting his hand on his blaster.

They lower their hands and glare at the man, "I'll give you the benefit of the doubt being you're not from around here, and say you figure you're in the middle of nowhere." he informs them.

The pykes kept up their guard as they glared at the man, "But everything out there to everything out there..." he points from one end of the horizon to the other "...is the Mos Pelgo territories, and these stripes indicate I'm the marshal of said territories." he informs, tapping the buckle on his belt.

"Now, I don't know what arrangements you have with the authorities in Mos Espa, and let's be honest, in Mos Eisley, anything goes, but out here I'm the one who tells folks what to do," he informs them.

The Pykes said nothing as they just stared at the man. "I didn't see what's in that chest, and consequently no laws have been broken as far as I'm concerned. If you gently load up your wears and head back to where you came, we can chalk this one up to you guys reading the map wrong." he offers them.

The Pykes exchanged looks and nods as one turned away, he drew his blaster, turned back, and aimed, but Cobb moved fast, drawing his blaster and opening fire, taking them out.

Leaving only one left. He aims his blaster. "Think it through," he warns. The pykes hesitated for a moment and held his hands up. Cobb then steps forward, keeping his blaster trained on the Pyke. "I can see you the smart one," he states and stands before the Pyke.

"I've got a proposition for your bosses. Tell 'em I've heard of the Syndicate. Take their credits back with you. And I say this with respect, anyone who gets lost running spice through Mos Pelgo again will be lost forever." he warns him.

The Pyke just looks at the man, seeing it wasn't just a warning, but a promise. "Now, unload that chest and go. Consider it a fine for trespassing." Cobb offers him.

The Pyke looks back at the chest, momentarily, "It's worth more than your town." he informs him, Cobb tilts his head, "Well, then, maybe I'll retire." he spoke.

Before the Pyke could say more, a sudden grip tightened at his throat, making him gag and claw. This surprises Cobb, wondering what was wrong with him. "I don't believe you understood the situation very well. This wasn't a request nor a negotiation." a woman calls out.

Cobb looks over and sees familiar Mandalorian armor as the hunter steps out, holding her hand out, concentrating on the Pyke, lifting him into the air. "This is a one-chance offer. Leave with your life intact or sacrifice it for the spice that I know you got from the slave mines of Kessel," she warns him.

The Pykes gags for a moment, making the Mandalorian tilt her head, "Nod your head if you understand your situation." she orders and the Pyke frantically nods his head.

"Good," she spoke and dropped her arm, allowing the Pyke to drop to his feet with a stumble. He leans against the speeder, panting as he grips his throat.

Cobb grins as he looks over at her, the Pyke gains his breathing and looks back at her. "Now do what the marshal says or you'll have to deal with me," she warns, placing her hand on her hip.