Chapter 9: Intertwined

ARIA BEVERLEIGHThe next day, I ended up going to school solo since Zaid messaged that his first class got canceled

ARIA BEVERLEIGH
The next day, I ended up going to school solo since Zaid messaged that his first class got canceled. I was feeling better, so why not, right? The bus ride was kinda dull, and my first class, ugh, it was English with the worst teacher ever.

I just despised Miss Smith.

As soon as the first bell rang, I bolted out of there, made a beeline for my locker, and guess who's lurking around? Ivor. I mean, seriously, he followed me on Instagram yesterday, and now he's camped out at my locker today? Maybe he was just standing there, but the dude was totally giving me the stare-down.

"You need something?" I inquired, raising an eyebrow and clutching my books.

"Nah, not really," he replied, abandoning his casual lean against my locker and stepping right in front of me.

Admittedly, he wasn't bad-looking, probably one of the finest guys at school, although no one could top Zaid's handsomeness. Tall, dark messy hair, well-built body, eyes that seemed hazel—hard to tell for sure. White button-up, sleeves rolled up, paired with lightish blueish jeans.

"Why are you standing here then?" I asked, my social anxiety kicking in.

"Well, there's something I want to ask you. Are you free today after school? You seem like a cool and genuine person, and I'd love to get to know you better."

"Me?" I mumbled.

"Yeah, you," he affirmed.

Considering things logically, Zaid had his thing with Jamilah, and now it was my turn. I loved Zaid, but that shouldn't stop me from making new friends, even if it's with a guy. Plus, he might not even like me, and I wanted to see if he'd get jealous.

"Sure, I do have time!"

"Alright, I'll meet you in front of the exit door?"

"Yeah, that sounds great! Now, can I get to my locker?" I chuckled.

"Oh, yeah, sure. I better get going now anyway," he said, walking away, then turning around and giving a wave.

I swung open my locker, grabbed what I needed, and turned around, only to find Aneira. It felt like forever since I last saw her—yeah, we FaceTimed yesterday, and I spilled everything about Zaid visiting me, but face-to-face is a whole different thing. She hugged me tight, exclaiming, "Girly pop, I missed youuuuuuuu!!!"

Returning the hug, I replied, "ME TOO!!!" The bell chimed, and we exchanged a look, sharing a laugh before rushing to our respective classes, books in hand.

I wished I could've caught a glimpse of Zaid before heading to my class. Sadly, we didn't have many classes together, and that just plain sucked.

Maybe he felt the same way about me.

Hopefully.

We made it to our class on time since our teacher was running late. Luckily, Aneira and I snagged seats together this time.
Our friendship, eight years strong, was pure and energetic—crazy to think about.