Chapter 13: What are we now?

ARIA BEVERLEIGH

ARIA BEVERLEIGH

"Home?" he asked, still close, very close.

My heart was racing, my emotions swirled within me. I didn't know what to say, but euphoria enveloped me.

He loved me, he confessed his love, and I never thought I'd witness this moment – it indeed was a chance I gave, but this was more. His lips were warm, he was a great kisser.

Reluctantly we pulled away, we were still in front of Tessa's house, and we didn't want anyone to see us after their fight.
Honestly, after witnessing the fight between him and Ivor, it really shattered me to see Zaid hurt, physically and mentally.

Whatever had transpired with Ivor, it left Zaid burdened with sadness.

I could just tell by looking at him.

I wanted to know the details, but I wasn't sure if Zaid wanted to openly talk about it. They were close friends, so what could've sparked such a fight?

"Aria?" he mumbled, and I carefully wiped my tears with my sleeve, trying not to mess up my makeup.

"Hm?" I inquired, my gaze fixed on him.

As he gently cradled my face with a firm yet tender touch, his other hand securely pressed against the small of my waist, the grip intensifying. Our lips met once more, but this kiss transcended mere contact, our tongues entwined in a dance, and the sensation allowed me to savor the distinct flavor of his presence.

I felt waves of pleasure wash over me, sending delicious shivers down my spine, leaving me craving more.

Eventually, we pulled away. "I love you," I whispered.

"I love you more," he muttered back. He picked me up, kissed my cheek, and carried me to his car. Settling me in, he buckled my seatbelt, gave me a kiss on the forehead, and closed my door.

It felt like a dream, this moment was just too good to be true. Butterflies danced in my stomach, shivers ran down my spine, and my heart pumped more blood than usual, warming me in the cold weather. Pupils dilating at their fullest.

Lost in thought, he sat down, buckled his seatbelt, and just looked at me. I returned his gaze.

"Home?" he asked.

"Actually, want to go to our place?" I suggested, fidgeting with my rings.

His attention shifted to my hands and then back to my face. He chuckled, took my hands, and asked, "Are you nervous?"

I nodded.

"Me too, don't worry," he said calmly, his warm hands and affectionate eyes comforting me.

"So...are we going there?" I asked, my voice low.