4

I finished packing quicker than expected, the message of the booking confirmation jumped my heart a thousand times, I was eager to just leave already.

It felt like a kid going to a party for the first time, I was so ready.

Even sleeping was difficult for me, and normally, I'd be exhausted enough to fall asleep in less than ten seconds. But now? It's nearing midnight, and I'm laying in my bed - just wishing for time to pass by quickly.

Eventually I did fall asleep, and waking up at 7am to get ready for work was not ideal, quite mood killing, however, little would anybody know that this would be the last shift.

I mean, they probably knew that I'd get fired, but before Seungmin could even utter the words of 'fire', I will tell him that I quit first.

I put on my best work blouse, unbuttoning the first button, then wearing a black bodycon skirt with it. I neatened my hair, finally wearing my hair down, and even applying some makeup just because.

Today would be the day my life would change for the better. It would be the summer I longed for.

These twelve weeks will be thoroughly enjoyed.

I wore my nicest heels too, even though they were painful to wear, I decided I could endure this hour of pain. I clicked my way towards my office, heading up the elevator with a big grin on my face.

As the doors pinged open, all of my colleagues looked at me from their desks, wondering what the hell was going on and why I looked the way I looked.

"Yeojin.. you look so pretty!" Aera smiled, confused, but supportive.

I gave her a light smile as Seungmin looked me up and down, then looked at me, unamused. He probably stank of grape flavoured soju.

I chuckled to myself at that thought.

"Cha Yeojin." He cleared his throat, glaring intently at me.

Before he could even utter those words, I took off my lanyard which had my pass on it. I placed it on his desk with force, making a bold statement with just that action.

"I quit." I spat, looking at him as he furrowed his brows.

"What?" Seungmin probably couldn't believe my words right now.

"I quit this goddamn job, I quit going to your stupid dinners nobody wants to go to. Do you hear me Seungmin? I'm done with your ass." I explained harshly, the whole office went silent, watching the scene go down.

I turned around, walking towards the elevator, my heels clicking against the carpeted floors.

"Wh- Yeojin! Cha Yeojin get back over here!!!" Seungmin was heard trying to get me back over here, but I ignored his words, after all, I no longer worked here.

I stood in the elevator, Seungmin running towards it. I pressed the button to go to the ground floor, just as he made it to the elevator, the doors started to close.

I waved him a very sly bye, along with a satisfied smile. The doors closed, sending me down to the ground floor.

I walked out of the elevator, bumping into Jinyoung, one of my male colleagues. He looked at me, wondering what was up.

"Woah, Yeojin? What's going on?" He looked me up and down, then looked at my face.

"I quit." I simply stated, giving a small sigh with a smile.

"Huh?! What?" Jinyoung widened his eyes, not accepting what I was saying.

"I told you, I'm not putting up with Seungmin anymore, I'm done. That's it." I gave a small chuckle as he pressed his lips together, disappointment across his face.

"Really? You couldn't of just hung in a little more? Come on Yeojin, the office will be boring now." He complained, looking down.

"I want to explore the country I was born in Jinyoung, I don't think I've ever been out of Seoul yet. And I've lived here all my life." I explained to him, he understood my reason, and even nodded, but he couldn't help but feel hopeless.

"We should stay in contact Yeojin, you should send pictures sometimes of wherever you go." Jinyoung gave a light smile, one that hinted with some sorrow.

"Of course, good luck with Seungmin." I rolled my eyes with a smile, checking the time on my phone. Damn, I really had to get my ass to Incheon airport.

I gave a quick nod as a goodbye, he watched as I hurried out of the building. Damn these fucking heels were killing my feet.

Regardless, I made my way to my airport, hurriedly changing into something more comfortable and grabbing my suitcase.

I held my hand on the door handle of my front door. Looking around for the last time in a while, I gave a gentle smile.

Well, this would be the last time I'd see my apartment for a good few weeks.