30

He led me to a hill, decently high up. There was an abandoned boat on the top of the hill, it remained in tact and probably with a bit of repair - would work on water again.

But regardless, we walked into the ship, heading up to the deck and sitting on two random stools he must've placed here. There was a gorgeous view of the whole strip of beach from up here.

"I bet the sunrise looks so pretty." I spoke, looking over at the silence of the town, not a single person, or a car, or anything. All there was was simply the movement of water, which even that, was so slow and gentle.

I could see Niki's gaze fixated on me through my peripheral, he was staring at me, a light smile crossing his face.

"It really is." He spoke, finally looking away and into the horizon.

"Why is this random boat here anyways?" I inquired, actually wondering how the hell it got here in the first place.

"I have no idea, I just found it one day, and since then it's just been my spot for whenever times were hard or I just was bored." He shrugged, giving the cutest chuckle ever.

"Wow, I used to think Korea was boring until I came to Jeju." I looked around, truly amazed by the atmosphere and the whole scenery of this little place.

"That's only because you lived in Seoul, Seoul is boring." He breathed in the fresh air, it was very crisp for a summer's night.

"Pfft." I couldn't say anything else, cause I knew he was right. As much as I wanted to argue back and say that Seoul was not boring - I couldn't argue against a point that was right.

The wind gently brushed through my hair, there was a peaceful silence between the two of us.

"Yeojin." Niki suddenly said my name, and at that, my heart spiked up faster. I felt as if I had swallowed my heart.

"Hm?" I turned my head to look at him, my hair gently blowing to the side as he gazed at my face, looking all over my features.

His pink lips pursed, unable to say anything for a second, til he looked back into my eyes - wondering what he wanted to tell me.

"Are you staying here permanently?" Niki turned his head away, looking away into the distance.

My heart had dropped, sank, smashed to the ground. I wasn't sure what to tell him, I didn't want to lie, but I didn't want to tell him the truth, I felt as if it'd only make him disappointed and back away from me.

And I still had two months left of summer here. I stared at him, my smile slowly dropping and uncertain of what to say.

I looked over to the sun, slowly raising up.

"Oh! The sun is coming up already?" I steered the topic away, acting clueless about his question. As long as I could avoid it, I wouldn't need to lie, nor tell him the truth.

Niki looked over at the sky, very gently lightening and the colours starting to protrude from the darkness.

"You're right, seems like you get to see the sunrise. How lucky." Niki chuckled, we sat there in silence again, a comfortable silence.

It wasn't awkward, nor was it weird. It was just a comfortable, easy silence, there was nothing to say, we both just watched as the sun raised from it's slumber, dragging slurries of colour along with it.

To be in awe, was the least I could describe my emotions. Even in skyscrapers and tall buildings, a Seoul sunset like this wouldn't compare.

After the sun rose completely, we both figured it'd be a smart idea to return back. Niki started walking off as I just stood in the bottom of the ship.

He turned around after realising I wasn't coming.

"Uh, I'm only wearing socks." I told him, as he gave a cute smile, slightly embarrassed. He turned back and let me over his back again, carrying me back towards his grandma's house.

It was around six in the morning, and I didn't expect anybody to be awake. But as we reached his grandma's house, she was already up and moving clothes off the front porch.

I quickly slid off Niki's back, flustered and unsure of what to say. I cleared my throat as she looked at me, giving a quick laugh to herself and looking back down, picking up more clothes.

"Did you guys not sleep?" His grandma asked, just as I was about to walk into the house. I paused, waiting for Niki to say something. I could feel his presence behind me, literally looming over me.

"No, we went to watch the sunrise. I'll be heading back to my place soon grandma." Niki told her, with a small smile as she nodded. The two of us head back in, walking towards the living room where Saeron was - thankfully - asleep.

---

LMAO I FEEL LIKE IM INSULTING SEOUL SO MUCH IN THIS FIC LOL

I PROMISE I DONT HATE SEOUL IVE LITERALLY BEEN THERE ONCE (for like three days LMFAo ) AND ITS ACTUALLY A DECENT PLACE 

ANYWAYSSSSDDSDSSDDSA UPDATE SOON PROBSSSSS