Epilogue

We've been flying through space for a while now.
I played plenty of songs for Rulo and Aldo, since they badly wanted more after I finished singing and playing the first one.

Despite my not-so-great performance, they still enjoyed it. I'm glad they were having fun.

I fell asleep using one of the sleeping bags attached to the wall near the storage areas. It felt so weird to be sleeping while floating off the ground, but I managed.

There was even a small area in the back of the shuttle that had some kind of little treadmill.
I decided to use that for a good while as well, because I hear that not staying active while in a zero-gravity zone for too long can be dangerous as your bones and muscles will start to become fragile and weak.

Rulo popped in here and there to have small chats and ask many questions as he usually does. Meanwhile, Aldo stayed in the storage unit in order to not float around and lose control.
The three of us had plenty of fun while on our little space trip here. A bit too much fun that I had no idea how much time had gone by.

I even lost myself plenty of times just staring into space with Rulo and Aldo, witnessing many beautiful sights.

Eventually, however, we all spotted something in the far distance.
Taking a closer look, it was the giant space ship that the people of my planet used to escape.

"There it is." The voice of the Spawner speaks through the branches. "We are just about arriving to the destination."

"I can't believe it. There they all are." I started to feel like my heart was tightening.
I look back to Rulo and Aldo. "I will soon be back to my people."

"Yes." Rulo does a nodding motion. "It is rather unfortunate that we will have to go our separate ways so soon. But I'm sure you will be better off with your people."

"I really do wish I can have you guys tag along, but right now, I don't think that would be the best idea." I add. "Besides. You, Rulo, have a duty to fulfill when you get back."

"Indeed I do." Rulo replies. "I must continue to assist the Spawner in finding my brothers and sisters, and other Eloth creatures so we can unite as one again."

"Right." I nodded. I then look to Aldo. "As for you, Aldo. Do you know what you're going to do next?"

Aldo exhales.

"He says that he's unsure." Rulo translates.

"Aw. I would've really loved to bring you with me." I tell Aldo. "But, you already know that the other humans probably do not think very highly of you guys yet. I'm sorry."

Aldo was silent for a moment, but then lets out another exhale.

"Aldo says he will figure something out when he gets back. But that he will miss you very much." Rulo translated.

"Goodness, Aldo. Don't make me cry before I get to say my goodbyes." I chuckled.
I float myself towards him and embrace his head.
"If we're given the opportunity, maybe we will see each other again some day. I know I will be looking forward to it."

Aldo swings his tail.

"I will never forget you guys, nor everything we have went through together." I say to them.

"I will definitely not forget about you either, Faith." Rulo adds. "I have learned a lot about humans from you, and your species is quite complex, I must admit."

"Oh, yes. I agree." I reply.

"However, I find humans to be quite outstanding because of their complexities." Rulo continued. "I have experienced a level of friendship and kindness from you like no other. I feel that I still have a lot to learn about humans, and I really look forward to further communicate with you if we are to cross paths again."