Riff and Smidge

Riff took a deep breath as he knocked and walked in.

He saw the troll sitting on the bed, ready to attack him.

He put his hands up placatingly, "Please calm down, tell me when to stop walking and I promise I will, okay? I just need to ask you something about the little dude and I'm getting tired of running around.."

Smidge seemed to calm down a bit as she put down her makeshift weapon.

Riff moved towards the bed and when he was six feet away she asked him to stop, and he did.

"Okay so, I don't mean to sound rushed but I do need to ask this quickly so I can move on and-"

"Then ask. You don't need to explain it to me, I know something's probably wrong with someone."

Riff nodded gratefully, "The little dude, Branch? Has he..has he ever acted younger then his actual age? If so, when and maybe a theory on why?"

Smidge took a moment to think and she nodded, "Yeah, once, once when he was four. My theory for that is a trauma response. I don't know what happened, but considering the sad looks he always used to get? My guess is trauma."

Riff nodded and walked towards the door, "Thank you so much for helping me! It really means a lot!"

Smidge nodded and gave a slight smile, "Sure."

Riff then ran out of the room, sliding passed the next door and slipping before getting up and walking in.