1

Hey everyone... I'm back with another story. If any grammatical error is dictated feel free to inform me about it. Don't forget to vote and comment if you are enjoying the story.
#criticised and hated comments will be well answered to 🙂... Enjoy

                                -----
"10 10 9. Cmon V, you can do better," Emily coaxed. Violet grit her teeth glancing from Emily to the headboard. She drew out the arrow, set her target, fully focused, she shot. 10 10 10. Emily clapped flashing a smile at her. Violet walked away, she got rid of the bow and left the archery ground. She looked up and there he stood. The almighty Ross Freeman, her mum's killer.

Anger rushed through her veins faster than adrenaline.  How she wished to watch him suffer and die at the mercy of her feet. She stomped out of the building.
"V, wait up. Boss requests your presence," Harold said breathing hard. He squat trying to catch his breath.

Violet looked at the building. A place she found peace in at the same time detest.
"Tell your boss that I won't be there," she spun around, walked to her car and zoomed off. Harold watched her leave, he shook his head.

She stepped outside her home, sat on the front porch, she looked at the picture in her hands. Her heart stung at the sight. It's been eight years. With tears threatening to fall, she hugged the picture to her chest.
"I miss you mum."

     The sun kissed her good morning. She stirred up in her sleep, a yawn escaping her lips. Flipped the duvet over, slipping into her flipflops. She lazily walked to the bathroom, brushed and freshened up. Skipped breakfast and off to work she went.

Dressed in a blue cradle trim as the inner and a red suit. She looked smart and sharp. Strode into the company not caring about a thing, went up to her office. She took out some files and headed to that office she detest the owner. She read the name tag on his desk, Ross Freeman. 

      Ross took a quick look at his daughter. The one he lost connection with eight years back. She stood before him as his employee addressing him as Mr. Freeman and rarely dad.

"Princess, have a seat," she looked around his office. Her eyes scanned the seat before she obeyed.
"Mr. Freeman, how may I be of help to you?" She crocked her head to the side. Ross leaned forward on his desk.

"Violet, you know I've been alone since your mum's death," he paused to see her reaction. Her face stoic, void of emotions. This is who she has become, a heartless killer.

"I've decided to remarry," Violet narrowed her eyes at him. She smiled mischievously and he knew what that meant.
"Have you consulted your sons?" She said smiling at him. He felt uncomfortable under her smile. It was just a farcade, he knew.

He leaned back on his seat, scratched the back of his neck.
"Yes, I did. They are fine with it." Her brows lifted in amusement. She stood up, strode to the door. She stopped without looking back and said, "I wish you the best." She glanced sideways,"Mr Freeman." She added.
Ross buried his face in his palms. Why can't she just hear him out?

Violet stepped into her office, resumed work. Her phone dinged. She flipped it open, Aiden texted

    I'm fucken bored,V. How about we party?

A smile crept up her face. He's the only family she treasures so much. She texted back and got a sad emoji. Just as she dropped the phone, a call came through.
"Aiden! I'm busy," she feigned annoyance. She heard Aiden chuckle at the other end.

He is quite bubbly, still the same Aiden. Roy changed since their mum's death. Ross made sure he put his children in the mafia not wanting history to repeat.

"Cmon sis. You can't ditch me for some dumb paperwork. I'm your favourite and you should be ready when I call." Aiden tried to mimic a stern voice which he failed woefully, she giggled.

"What do you say about the party?" She twitched her lips. She couldn't fulfil his wish at the moment.
"I'm sorry, I can't. Ring Roy." He made a silly sound, she stifled her laughter.
"Cmon V, Roy won't pick my calls. He's just too busy." Aiden sounded like an abandoned puppy, she sighed.

"I'm sorry, I really can't join you. I have a lot on my plate. I'll make it up to you." She added the last part to get him bubbly once more.
"I'll hold you to your words," she giggled and ended the call.

   Seated on the couch with headphones on, she was engrossed in her laptop. Aiden barged into her apartment. She pointed a gun at him not looking up from her system.
"Hey! Hey sis, put down your gun," he raised his hands in surrender. She retracted her hand. Aiden took a seat comfortably.

"V, dad wants to remarry," Aiden clasped his hands together looking intensely at her. She waved her hands in the air.
"He told me about it," Violet went back to her system.

"Princess..."
She glared daggers at him.
"Don't you dare call me that," her voice dripped anger. Aiden chuckled nervously. "I'm sorry," he raised his hands.

"You can't tell me you are still holding on to mum," her eyes darted to him. Her stares were soul piercing.
"If you're gonna say something stupid, the door's that way." She tipped her head to the door. Aiden wasn't liking this.
"Violet, you need to calm down. I'm sorry okay," he adjusted his collar.

"You better be," she dropped her system. "I'm starving, join me in the kitchen," she headed to the kitchen with him trailing behind her.

       Ross called Roy over to his mansion. He waited for Roy's arrival. Came out of his room opposite the room he once shared lovely memories with Gravy.
For eight years, he mourned his wife but he's grateful to her for her action and he'll forever love her. She saved a lot of lives with that one sacrifice. The memories of that night played in his head all over just staring at the closed door. He shook his head. It was time for him to move on.

       Roy arrived few minutes later, he sat on the couch with pride and authority. He flipped his gun waiting anxiously for his dad to speak. Ross sighed, his 32 year old son refused to listen to him. Speaking of consulting his sons, he only told Aiden. Aiden was more reasonable among his children.

"Roy, I have a mission for you," Ross paused for a while then nodded.
Ross passed a picture to him, Roy took the picture.
"I need him dead by midnight," Ross wasn't his dad here but his boss.
"Yes boss," Roy stood up alongside with Ross.

"Keep a watch on Aiden, that kid is too carefree lately," he dismissed Roy. Then he remembered.
"Roy," he called softly. Roy halted in his track.

"Boy, I've decided to remarry," Roy turned around. He raised a brow, "So you're over mum, huh?" Ross found himself nodding.
A blatant lie!
"That's nice to hear. Does Violet know?" Ross looked away.

"I told her already. You were the last," Roy nodded. He took a quick look at his father. He still loved the man.
"Take care dad. Wish you the best," he spun on his heels and left.
Ross watched him leave.