5

Anita sat in the kitchen talking to her daughter on phone. Violet walked in, took a jug of juice, poured it into two glasses, passed one to Anita and took hers.

For the past few days, Violet saw Anita as a motherly figure. She liked the woman already and Anita took her as her daughter. She dropped her phone.
"Darling, you look troubled," Anita took a sip of her juice. Violet twirled her glass around.

"Aunt, I don't really know. Don't worry I'll be fine," she kept taking sips of her juice. Anita came around the counter, held Violet's shoulders pulling her into a hug.
That point, that was what she needed the most and that hug spoke a lot.

"My daughter would be home soon. You'll get to meet her." Violet nodded against her neck. Anita stroked her hair. It reminded her of her mum, one habit of Gravy that comforted her. Her mum did love her hair. She shook the thoughts off.

"You're gonna pick her up?" Violet asked lifting her head, glanced sideways at her. She shook her head patting her back.
"She boarded a plane. Would be home by 9pm." Violet wore a faint smile.

"You close by 10,aunt." Anita disengaged the hug, gulped down her juice. Violet dropped her glass in the sink.

"Once she deboards the plane, you ring me. I'll have someone to pick her up. By the way, she's coming back from?" Her curiosity took the greater side of her mind.

Every thing about this woman interested her. She felt sad that the attention she grew to love would be diverted and Anita knew better.

"London. Oh, I wish her dad would be here to see her at her bloom." Violet understood. Her husband died on a patrol at the highway when her daughter was just 15. It's been pretty long.

Violet retired to her room feeling exhausted. She ignored the call from Aiden, hasn't spoken to him since that incident.
Anita described her daughter, also gave a picture to the driver.
Violet slept off before Miss. Kings arrived.

"Mum!" Miss Kings rolled in her luggage. She took a look around, it looked different. Anita crushed her daughter in a bear hug.

"This isn't our home," she gesticulated talking to her mum. Just then her eyes took in her mum's outfit. She blinked, completely shocked. Her mum had an apron on, her dress looked pretty different.

"What's this you're putting on, mum?" Diamond couldn't help but ask. Anita took a quick look at her outfit, a soft laugh escaped her lips.
"Mum was bored at home. Decided to work for Violet Freeman," Anita smiled at her.

"Freeman?" The name sounded familiar. Then it clicked, "isn't she the rude sassy princess of the Freeman's? Is she rude to you momma?" Anita laughed. The world knew her that way. She wasn't surprised.

"No dear, she's sweet," Diamond threw her head back, completely taken aback. She rolled her eyes. Her mum's description of people are never outlining with what they actually are. She had to see for herself.

"Where am I gonna stay?" Anita sighed. V already made arrangements for everything before she called it a day.
"In the guest room, dear. We'll go home tomorrow," Anita explained taking the luggage down the hallway.

"Where's she?" Diamond asked referring to V. Anita placed her index finger on her lips.
"She's asleep, dear. I'll put everything in place and I'll join you soon,okay?" Diamond shook her head, took her luggage then left for the guest room.

Violet received a package quite early, the card read 'Roy.' She raised a brow, took it inside after confirming it didn't contain bomb. Dropped it on the glassy table in the living room. With impatience, she tore the seal open. She brought out the pictures.
Looking at the picture, her jaw dropped.... Natalie.

She sat down taking a better look at each of them. Her subconsciousness kicked in, I told you she wasn't any good.
In the picture, she met with a man that had Alex's features.

His face was hidden behind the hoodie in the dark. The man had a dragon tattoo on his arm, the Criptons.
Alex had no tattoo on his arm.
Natalie betrayed her, she was on the verge of explosion. Her mind played different ways to torture her to death.
She took out her phone, zoomed in on the threat note.

There was a dragon drawing at the bottom right of the note. The threat was the Criptons.
She glared at Nat in the picture. If only looks could kill, Nat would have been a forgotten soul.

"Mum, can I have the keys?" Diamond sounded annoyed. The voice brought V out of her world. She placed the pictures back and closed the package.
"Dammy, this isn't home so don't yell," Dammy rolled her eyes. She walked past V to the kitchen.

"That's why I need the keys. I'm going back home," Violet strode to the kitchen, leaned on the door. Anita saw her.
"Diamond please," she tapped her fingers anxiously on the work top. Violet cleared her throat.

"Goodmorning mum," Diamond spun around, raised her brow at her. Anita was slightly shocked. Mum?
"Excuse me.....mum?" Diamond's chest nut brown hair bounced against her shoulders. She had thick lashes, arched brows with cherry lips.

She had little curves, she was slender. She had a white skimpy blouse and a blue joggers on. She wore socks with her black crocs.
"Yes, I called her mum," Diamond's face turned into a scowl then she laughed.
"Fine, I can share my mum with you on one condition." Violet tried to stifle her laughter, Anita covered her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

"What, miss?" Violet inquired. Diamond twitched her lips, "don't be rude to her. I've heard a lot about you and trust me they ain't any good." Violet bursted into laughter, Dammy frowned. What was so funny in what she said?

"I'm sorry miss, I just wanted your attention and now I have it. I won't be rude to her. Cmon aunt, am I rude?" She diverted her attention to Anita, she shook her head. She held Diamond's arm, squeezed it lightly.

"Violet, please forgive her. I think she's tipsy." Violet laughed hard. Diamond expression was priceless.
"I'm not tipsy mum. I'm Diamond Kings, nice to meet you, Miss. Freeman." Anita noticed her reaction at that name. She doesn't like to be called that.

"Violet, please," V corrected her. Diamond nodded averted her gaze to her mum, "can I get the keys now?"
"No aunt, let Diamond stay for a while," Diamond turned to her. She was frustrated, folded her arms with raised brows.

"So you enjoy my company?" Violet smiled, Diamond admired her smile, she has a beautiful smile.
"Never said I did," Violet retorted.
"Then let me go!" She snapped. Anita widened her eyes. Diamond needs to calm down.

"Violet Freeman, is it true that your father killed your mum just for power?" Since she wasn't gonna go home, she'll irk her. Anita pulled her back.

"You're daring young lass," Violet voice was stern. That friendly tone was gone. She looked intimidating.
"I'm curious," Diamond replied. Violet's face stoic, she smirked.

"Curiosity kills the cat, Diamond." Diamond stepped forward. Violet smiled again, "Why so curious, Miss. Kings?"
"My mum adores you. Talks about you a lot. I want to know who's she's getting involved with. I want to know you."

With each sentence she made she stepped forward. Violet thought about the question. Now she looked at it. Did he really kill her?

"I rather not talk about it," she actually replied. Diamond expected her to snap or yell but she said something different. Her face softened, she looked sad and upset. Diamond held her hands.

"I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean to hurt you. I..." She didn't let her complete it.
She didn't want to hear all that. She snatched her hand away from her grip and left.
"Diamond Kings!"Anita was pissed off.