12

I want to dedicate this chapter to my number 1 fan, shadowblack027. Happy birthday to you. I wish you all the very best in life.
Cheers to a new age, darl.🥂

Ross was engrossed in his work when Dana worked in. She came in with his lunch, dropped it on the table. He looked up at the intruder___oh his wife.

He flashed a smile at him. She turned to meet him, placed a light peck on his lips.
"I brought you lunch," he nodded.
"Thought you had a client today?" Ross looked at her. She went to the couch and collapsed on it.

"I cleared my schedule," she said crossing her legs. Ross shook his head. She was the one making all the efforts here.
"Chairman of Bill's Estate is hosting a party, thought you'll be my plus one." She pouted. Ross stared at her pouted lips reminds him of Gravy.

"Honey, let's go party pleaseeeee," Gravy pouted at him. He turned to leave through the door. She hugged him from behind, pecked his shoulders.
"Love, we can't leave the kids," Ross groaned low. Gravy released him feeling a little guilty. She was still shy and sensitive even after being married to him for 15 years.

"I'm sorry that skipped my mind," she side stepped him walking to the door. He knew she was about to cry for forgetting about her kids for a moment. He spun her around, cupped her cheeks. Her eyes glistening with tears. He bent to kiss her lightly on her cheeks, forehand and then her lips.

"I love you, baby," he confessed for the umpteenth time that day. She giggled.
"I love you a lot. I love you so very much, honey." She pecked him on his lips.
"Not more than I love you." She giggled hitting him lightly on the chest.
"Ross.... darling?" The voice didn't sound like hers.

"Ross," he groaned.
He came back to reality. He recalled their last conversation.
"He invited me. We'll go together," he returned to his laptop. His voice hardened suddenly. She knew what he meant by that.
He wasn't going as her plus one.
Tears welled up in her eyes, she bit her lips to hold it in. Ross caught a glimpse of her face, rolled his eyes.
Unlucky her.

"What's wrong with you?" Diamond ran her hands through V's hair. Violet hugged her tight once she stepped in.
"I think something's wrong with me," she looked up at her. Diamond creased her forehead.

Violet's becoming difficult to understand.
"Is it about Drake?" Violet's eyes bulged out. She disengaged the hug. She glanced around her room for the uninvited visitor____no one.

"Yeah.....I guess," she buried her face in her palms.
"What about him?"
"He's undeniably attractive, D. Not gonna lie." Diamond blinked twice.
Is Violet serious?
She touched her forehead, she shoved her hands off.

"I'm fine, okay?" She said suddenly.
"Do you have a silly crush on him?" The surprise wasn't hidden in her voice. She thought for a while then shook her head.
"Wow, I need to meet him."

"No!!" Violet voiced out almost immediately. That increased Diamond's interest.
"Oh, you think I'll snatch your little boyfriend?" Violet pulled her hair. She was getting frustrated, she was getting everything all wrong.

Just because she appreciated his beauty, doesn't mean she likes him___does she?

"He's not my boyfriend." She defended herself quickly stepping away from Diamond's reach.
Diamond burst into a fist of laughter.
"I know you like him. There's no denying that." Diamond poked her hand playfully. Violet hissed aloud, rolling her eyes.
"Oh please!"
Violet scoffed.

"I don't harbor any feeling for him, okay? After all this, we'll go our separate ways like we never met."
Diamond burst into laughter, clutching her stomach almost in tears. Violet frowned.
She has gone completely crazy!
"Can't trust your words, babe."

Violet came into her room, saw him already settled on her couch engrossed in his phone.
"I think I should lock up my windows," she glared at him. He looked up then back to his phone.

She was dressed in a big T-shirt and a baby pink pant.
He threw some pictures to her, she frowned taking a good look at them.
"Who are these people?" She asked going through them one by one.

"You need to watch out for them. Kerman has eyes on your family. Mine is on you." Those words were innocent but what it did to her, sent her heart into poodles. He crossed his legs after dropping his phone on the couch.

His arms spread out on the headrest.
"You give reports about my movement, how would..." He abruptly interrupted her mid way.
"Don't worry about that. Watch your back, I got the rest." He resumed his initial position. She stood up pacing round the room.

"A banquet's coming up soon. Kerman would be there and so will my dad. Heard anything from Kerman?" She faced him, he watched her from his lashes.

"Not yet. We have a package coming in tonight. It determines how fast Kerman's going to strike. We have to take the deals." She stood up walked to the door.
"What can I get you?"
"Freeman... I'm fine."

"I insist," she was persistent. He rolled his eyes, "lemon water."
She returned back, handed him his glass of lemon water.
"So I should probably come in."
"Oh yes, you should." He took a sip from his glass.

"With your most trusted allies." He added.
Silence erupted between them. Violet took out her phone forwarding a message to Aiden.
"Goodnight, Miss. Freeman."
"It's Violet." She corrected him. She's been dying to know how her smooth her name would roll off his tongue.

"Freeman," he insisted.
"We aren't friends, principessa." He added with a smirk like he knew calling her that would affect her.
"The door please," she pleaded with him once he was close to the window. He looked at her like he considered her plea then jumped out.

                            ***
     She received the address. Took Aiden, Emily and Georgia.
Aiden set the sniper two buildings away. It was pretty dark.
She saw Drake on top of the building with a few others.

"Is that Drake?" Aiden asked. He saw Drake tap his ear pod muttering words staring at Violet and she nodded. He raise a brow at their transaction.
"Yeah, we sealed the deal." They paid them more than what the Sins offered. She took out two silencers, throw it over to the girls.

Aiden set his target, once the package got delivered. They shot their targets dead. Drake retrieved the money, took out a graplin hook, shot it to them.
He pulled down his mask.

"I was being monitored earlier, I shot him. Kerman found me suspicious." He blurted out the words tucking the graplin hook on his pant.

"You must be Aiden Freeman," he stretched his hands for a handshake. Aiden nodded, flashing a charming smile at him, he just nodded to be polite.
"V, never said you had a boyfriend," Aiden averted his attention to Violet, smiling sheepishly at her that she frowned.

He choose the moment to tease her ignoring Drake's glare.
"Aiden....shut up!" She barked out but loud enough for only them to hear who burst into fits of laughter at their banter except___Drake who found them annoying.

They got off the building heading to their motorcycles.
"Babe, cmon... He's hot cake." Drake raised an amused brow at them. Violet hopped on her motorcycle putting her helmet on. Just when Aiden said, "cmon he's man candy. Take a look at that ass, I could kiss 'em."

She was so embarrassed. She glared daggers at him. He didn't bulge instead he burst into laughter. She kicked her baby to life.
"Fuck you!!" She threw over her shoulders driving off.

"I would if you weren't my sister!" He yelled after her. She groaned inwardly.
"Asshole!"
Drake shook his head, Immature babies!

I have some things doing, I might not update as often as before. I'll make sure to try to upload at least one chapter a week.
Thank you.
And have a splendid weekend.🤍