7

Kerman rubbed his cheeks staring at the mirror. He laughed, Ross got no idea what's coming his way. He spun on his heels, his trusted men in his room.
"Hudson, Hills and Robert, keep an eye on Violet." One of the guys rolled his eyes.

"You can leave," they bowed, took their leave.
Kerman touched his arms, hissed in pain.
"Bastard!" He cursed.

Aiden barged into Roy's office. Roy ignored him still focused on his work.
"Roy Freeman!" He was annoyed. Roy leaned back on his seat with creased brows. Aiden tapped his fingers lightly on his desk.

"Tell them to back down," Roy understood. He massaged his temples.
"Aiden, that's not my order," Aiden slammed his hands on the table. He didn't bulge.
"Violet's or dad's? Tell them to back down. I hate being watched, you all know that." He got pissed off pretty bad. Roy heaved a sigh. Aiden can be a pain in the ass.

"Dad's. Please Aiden, listen to me. You need them. Dad's wedding's coming up and..." Aiden punched the table.
"I don't fucking care about his day. Can't I live my life without being controlled by him or anyone? It's my life, I..." Roy cut in.

"Dad's not controlling you. He got threats from The Sin's and the Criptons. Violet's life is in danger. He doesn't want to lose you neither do I."
Aiden averted his gaze to Roy, the last part made him soften. He stared at his brother for a while, he didn't know what to say. Roy made sense.

"I'm sorry," his voice soft and barely audible. Roy leaned forward with a smirk on his lips. His ears didn't just catch that.
Aiden wanted to wipe that smirk off his face.

"You're forgiven, Aiden." Roy chuckled, Aiden pursed his lips.
"What's so funny?" Aiden snapped.
Roy laughed hard.
"Roy!" Aiden yelled his name.
"Okay, fine." Roy said in between laughter. Aiden took a seat comfortably then crossed his legs.

"Never expected an apology ever from you. I guess you're sweet." Aiden glared at him. Roy smiled.
"I missed you buddy," Aiden said, Roy swivelled in his seat.
"I guess I do too. I'm sorry things changed," Roy apologized sincerely. Aiden and Roy did their fist bump just like how they did back in their childhood.

"That doesn't mean we won't fight or argue," Aiden added. Roy's smile widened.
"Never expected less," Roy was used to it. The two brothers share a strong bond that Violet admired.

"Heard from Violet?" Aiden asked scrolling through his phone. He dialed her contact. Roy shook his head. Roy dialed hers too.
She rejected Aiden's call, took Roy's.
"Hey," her sleepy voice came through the speaker.

"Hey plum, had any attack since?" Roy asked. He recalled the watch that night.
"Kinda. A threat and an attack," she sounded hurt.
"V, are you alright?" Aiden asked.
"Roy! You didn't say Aiden was with you!" Violet's voice ran through the office. She groaned.

"Violet, quit this," Aiden's voice stern.
"I'm alright just minor injuries," Violet winced a little.
"How bad was the attack?"
She explained everything to them. There was silence for a while before Aiden spoke up.

"V, Natalie is dead," Aiden recalled the news earlier.
"I killed her," her voice laced with anger and betrayal. Aiden's jaw dropped. Didn't she love Nat?

"She betrayed her. I got some pictures," Roy pulled out his drawer, took out some pictures. Aiden took a look at them.
"Criptons. What are they up to?" Aiden thought aloud.
"Dunno," she yawned.
"I love you, V."
"Shut the fuck up." She hung up with that.

"I promise to be by your..." The doors to the hall burst open. People clad in black trooped in. Ross frowned, Roy at the front seat looked back.

The lady infront wore a black mask. She shared a brief eye contact with Ross. She shot the air. People rushed out of the hall. She and her team started shooting around.
Screams and cries of people filled Dana's ears. She clung onto Ross' arms. Ross fumed in anger, how did she get in without being stopped by the guards was a mystery to him.

He took Dana away into the limo packed outside. She felt satisfied looking at the hall. They didn't kill anyone but people left injured. She turned around, out of the door she went.

"Mr. Freeman married Dana Boulevard at the city's hall. The first event centre was attacked by..."

Violet turned off her TV.
"What the fuck!" She cursed aloud.
Violet tsked, he planned the second venue. What a smart man!
She switched on the TV.

"Here are the pictures and videos taken at the wedding. Mr. Ross Freeman is s..."

The newscaster's voice trailed off in her head. She stared at the reality that hit her. After all she gamely did, Dana whatsoever is now a Freeman. She almost gagged at the thought. She gnashed her teeth in anger.

"Why the fuck can't things go my way?" She thought aloud. Diamond walked into the house when Violet erupted.
"That's because you ain't God," she threw the reply over her shoulders heading to the kitchen. Anita sat down on a stool, eyes focused on Violet.
She waved her daughter off. Diamond blinked hard, startled.

Violet walked into the kitchen.
"D, my dad literally married that bitch," Violet said through gritted teeth.
"Language, girl," Diamond scolded her.
"Violet..... darling," Anita tried to coaxed her, Violet was difficult.

"Aunt, Freeman's over my mum. He never loved her then. That bastard killed my mum and now he's happy." Tears stung her eyes, she couldn't hold it in.
"Don't address your dad that way, darling. You should probably hear him out, don't conclude."
Diamond advised her. Violet paced around to cool off, stopped then erupted again.

"I saw everything that happened that night." Violet yelled amidst tears.
"Oh really. While you were under the bed, huh?" Diamond raised a brow at her.. Violet glared at her, Diamond admired her fingernails not sparing V a glance.

"I doubt you did," she looked up.
"You should inquire a lot about that night, ask Aiden or better still your dad," she suggested.
Violet felt frustrated. Diamond wasn't helping matters. She was so nonchalant about her predicament.
"Diamond..."

"Get a grip on yourself and do the right thing," Violet regretted telling her about that night... about a lot of things. Now, she goes on with an advice to her.
So annoying!

"You both should cool off. Darling, your dad loved your mum. I believe so. He was always..."
"No aunt. Not this night, I won't listen to you defending that murderer as if you knew anything that happened. I won't let..."

Diamond cut in, Anita stared at V. She couldn't believe the words that fell off her lips. She was hurt but then she remembered, she was her boss.
"Violet!" Diamond yelled her name.
"Don't you dare yell at mum ever!"
Violet laughed, "wow! Young lass, or else?"

Diamond twitched her lips, V was gonna piss her off.
"You'll see," she threatened glaring daggers at her. Anita was gonna get a migraine soon.

"Like I fucking care," Diamond frowned at her words. She took a step back.
"It's fine. See you at home, mum." Diamond left without a word to her. Anita's shoulder slumped. Violet ran a frustrated hand through her hair.
"I'm sorry aunt," she walked away.
Anita shook her head, her two girls are at bay.

Don't forget to vote and comment thank you 🥹🤍
I love you all
Ghaezy>3🤍