3

"Princess,run! Hide for mum please, don't come out until I say so. Please V," Gravy pleaded with her daughter. She was just ten years old. "Aiden, promise mum, you won't make a sound," Aiden pinky swore. Gravy ran out of the room. She heard her dad's voice, "love, cmon you gotta shield yourself." She heard gunshots, her mum screamed......"Ross!" Her father held her mum, "Gravy,no. Don't leave me. Our kids, love. Please!!"

          Violet jerked up, she was having this dream again. She was soaked in her own sweat. She held her duvet to herself. Checked the time, 3:42am. She got off the bed, strode to the bathroom. Glanced at her reflection in the mirror. She touched her hair.

I love your hair princess. You must learn to care for it.

Her mum's voice filled her mind. She closed her eyes taking deep breaths, she turned on the tap splashing water on her face. Her dream was a memory of an attack on her mum.
This dreams keep on coming. Violet walked back to bed. She couldn't sleep, took her phone and decided to stream a movie.
She fell asleep few hours later. It was a Saturday, she was kinda free. She slept in till 10am.

She received a text from her dad. They would be having lunch as a family. She dropped her phone, probably to introduce his fiance.

She shook her head in pity. He's 58 and still wants to remarry, possibly a woman in her late 30's or early 40's. 
A lady popped her head in, Violet smiled at her best friend, Natalie.

"Hey V, miss me?" She stepped into the house shut the door behind her. Her guts were never at peace at her presence but she ignored it. Something felt amiss whenever she came around.

It was like her mind scoffed at her and her heart openly accepted her. Her body having a war just because of Natalie's presence.
"I wish. Come join me old lady," Violet muttered stuffing pancakes into her mouth. Natalie's eyes lit up at the sight. She loves pancakes.

"How was Dallas?" Violet asked munching on her breakfast. Nat was in no mood to discuss as she devoured the meal infront of her.
"Adventurous, had fun."

"Your dad's wedding is all over the net, you know about it?" Natalie dropped her cutlery, she looked up to meet Violet's eyes. Violet sighed, "yes I do."

"What are you gonna do about it?" Nat asked hoping for a positive response. V let out a small laugh, she ignored her.
Nat took her plate to the sink and washed it.

Violet sat on the kitchen counter. Natalie turned to lean by the worktop, arms crossed. Her eyes roamed Violet's body.
"Are you starving yourself?" Violet looked at herself and then Nat, dropped down. She shrugged, walking away.
"Violet Freeman!"

           Violet drove into the Freeman mansion. Dressed in a ginger brown short gown and black high boots. She walked smartly into the mansion. The guards opened the door for her. Clicked her tongue, taking a seat. Aiden barged in few minutes later. Roy got in just after him. The three siblings sat in awkward silence. No one spoke, Aiden couldn't take it.

"Cmon are we gonna remain silent forever?" He asked taking a look at both of them. Roy lifted his eyes from his phone, he watched them through his thick lashes.

"Aiden! Dad would be here any moment," Violet rolled her eyes. Aiden cleared his throat, "we can never just be like siblings here right? Just for a day? We can't even act like one." That irked Roy, he glared daggers at his brother.

"Aiden, things changed!" He raised his voice in anger. Aiden hissed, rolling his eyes. "Just the same way you changed!"
Violet came prepared, these two are always on each other's throat.

And she was in no mood to separate a fight. She put on her headphones humming to the tune of a song.
"You better watch it," Roy threatened him. Aiden frowned, did Roy just say that?
"Or else what, Roy? You're gonna start a fight,huh?" Violet shifted to the far end of the couch.

"Aiden, you're testing waters!" Roy practically yelled at him. Aiden stood up. Oh sure, he was done with this. He came infront of him, Roy looked up. They were both about to pounce on each other. Aiden turned to leave.

"Aiden Freeman!" Their heads turned to the direction of that voice. Ross watched his sons at the verge of tearing themselves. Dana clung to his arms. No doubt, she was beautiful but Violet hated her on the spot. They walked down together, Dana took her seat. Aiden smirked at Ross.

"Sit down, Aiden." Aiden complied easily, of course that was his dad. He sat beside V. She squeezed his hands, he threw a charming smile her way. She pulled off her headphones before returning to her phone.

        "I called for this meeting not for you two to fight but to introduce you three to your step mum," Violet scoffed, it didn't go unnoticed by Dana, she frowned slightly. Aiden squeezed her hand. A signal for her to be quiet.

"Go on with the introduction," Aiden tipped his head at Dana. Ross heaved a sigh. Something told him this wasn't gonna end on a good note as far as Violet was present.

"Kids, this is Dana Boulevard, she's 43. Dana's a criminal lawyer." Violet erupted into fits of laughter in her head.
So he found a lawyer free of charge for a murderer as him.
"Dana, meet Roy,32. Violet,26 and Aiden, 22. Kids meet Dana."

Roy watched her with keen eyes.
Violet snatched her hand from Aiden's grip, stood to her feet. She opened her mouth to talk but
"I think I've overstayed my welcome," Aiden said quickly halting her movement. She fummed in anger. He keeps stopping her from saying a word. Violet head for the door not wanting to spend another minute in the mansion.

"Violet, that's disrespectful," she halt in her tracks, slowly turned around. A wicked smile hung dangerously low on her rosy lips.

"Suit yourself.....father," she emphasized the last word. Ross heaved a sigh but also felt happy to hear her acknowledging him as her father after all these years. She wasn't gonna change and that's for sure. Dana blinked, she made a mental note about Violet.
Aiden trailed behind V, "sorry,dad."

    Her home was dark. Violet laid on her bed scrolling through her phone. She heard some movement outside her window. Slowly moved to the edge of her bed, snatched her gun from the night stand. The ruffling movements of the leaves increased, she leaned on the wall close to the window with her gun held up.

She pushed the window open, the movements faded. She frowned. Weird!
She pointed the gun around just then she spotted a figure riding a bike off.
Her forehead creased, that wasn't a Dread.

She was watched but by who? At such an ungodly hour. The question lingered in her mind. She went back in bed after checking her environment once more. Her guts told her something was off.
She scrambled through her contact for Roy's. She texted him.

                            Did you send anyone to watch me?
Luck was on her side, he replied quickly.

No. Why asking?

                        I need the security around my house doubled. I was being watched.

By who?

                        Oh dummy! I fucken don't know. Just send them over.

Fine. Goodnight plum.

At this point I wish I have a brother because I know that dude would have thrown me out with how I'll disturb him 😹.... lmao

I love you guys ♥️
Don't forget to tap that star down there and comment too.

Comments and votes encourages me.

I love you>3