8

Violet drove into Anita's home. She signed, Diamond avoided her like a plea for three days. She saw Diamond's Camry packed in the garage.

She took out the shopping bags from her car, took a deep breath then strode to the door. She knocked lightly. Diamond opened the door, closed it on her face. Violet pushed it open trailing behind her to her studio. Her gaze loitered round the studio.

She had a couple of paintings. She glanced at the canvas she was currently working on. All she saw was black.. she frowned, what could she be painting?
Her gaze diverted to Diamond. She folded her arms stared pointedly at her.
Her gaze sharp and piercing.

"Miss. Freeman, how may I be of help to you?"
Formalities now?
Violet stared edgy at her fingers, never done this before...
She was quiet for long.
"Leave," she heard D say.

"Hey, I'm sorry about my words. I was angry," Violet apologized not daring to meet D's eyes.
Diamond rolled her eyes.
"Now you may leave," she pointed at the door. Violet stood up, dropped the bag on the stool. Diamond narrowed her eyes at her.

"Are you trying to buy me?" Diamond's voice held anger and impatience. She didn't know what to do. She was in a tight position. It was clear she didn't want to see her.

"No...I can't. I mean, I'm not. Just.." she couldn't believe it. Did she just stutter?
Was she just short of words?
"I'm not cheap, Freeman," Violet sighed.

"Excuse me, I was quite busy before you showed up. Be a nice lady and do me the favour of getting the fuck out. And yeah, take that with you."
She flinched at her tone, moved to the door without the bag.
"I'm sorry," she muttered under her breath.

"I'm sorry, D. I was pissed off. I wasn't thinking," Diamond walked towards her. V looked like an abandoned puppy begging her new owner to take her home.

"Come here," Diamond spread her arms wide. Violet ran into her embrace, that was her comfort zone.
"It's fine," Diamond pecked her forehead. Violet pouted, wiping the kiss off. Diamond giggled at her actions.

Alex got onto her room. Violet waited for the intruder. Her gaze mirrored at him, she deeply frowned.
How did he get the keys? Did he dupli.. she let her thought trail off there.
Alex stood quietly infront of her.

"I missed you, V. I'm sorry about last time." She fought back the urge to ask him about the Criptons. She uncrossed her legs, Alex inched forward.
"My keys?" Alex scratched the back of his head. He was dumb.
"I..I.." she cut in. Alex stammered for a while.

"Duplicated it?" She quirked a brow at him. He hung his head low. She wasn't falling for it.
"Did you?"
No reply.
"Alexander Scott, did you duplicate my keys?" She barked making him flinch. Didn't expect 'that' reaction from her. He nodded unknown to him. He was somehow scared.

"You can't be serious," she facepalmed.
"I did it for security reasons," he bluntly lied. She rolled her eyes.
"Security reasons? Well thank you and get the fuck out."
"Violet..."
"Alex... now," she thundered. Alex pulled his body out of her home.
Violet hissed.

"Ross got his daughter in big soup," Damien said twirling in his seat. Alex walked into the room.
"She's quite difficult. Bet she lost her trust in me," he said scratching the back of his neck.

Damien smirked, "you brought that upon yourself. What happened back there?"
Alex sighed. He was scared of Damien's reaction.
"She threw me out. She found out I duplicated her keys,boss." Alex replied in a disheartened tone.

Damien's hand's bailed into a fist. As much as he would have loved to kill him on the spot, he needed him to get to her.

"Scott, I assigned you on an easy tasks and yet you couldn't do it. How incompetent!!" Alex tapped his fingers on the table.
"I'm sorry,boss."

"Save the apology," Damien stood up, the council joined him.
"I give you seven days, Scott. Seven days, bring Violet to me dead or alive or else," he threatened.
Alex trailed behind them frowning deeply.
What has he gotten himself into?

Anita opened the door to reveal a smiling Aiden.
"Hey babe, how you doing?" Violet ignored him walking to the dining. Anita served lunch, Diamond was coming over.
Aiden took a seat opposite Violet.

"Violet, cmon why the sudden attitude?" She twitched her lips, dished out her meal then ate silently.
Aiden tried to get her attention but she kept ignoring him. He couldn't stand it anymore.

He snatched her cutlery.
"Aiden!" She nearly yelled. Aiden frowned, "are you mad at me?"
She took her cutlery from him, " no, you are just overbearing."

He relaxed a little, flashed his signature smile at her. It didn't look genuine. She noticed.
"What's wrong?"
"Today's mum's birthday, V." Realization hit her, her face saddened. Dropped her cutlery, she lost appetite.

"It completely skipped my mind." Violet licked her lips. Aiden ate his meal, he got a message from Roy.
"Looks like we've got a mission," just then her phone dinged with a similar message.

"Oh yeah....casino?" She read the message.
"We got more people, looks like it's dangerous." Aiden said.
"Casino. Fuck! The Sin's Casino," Violet added.

"Violet!" She squealed running into the dining.
"I missed you girl," Violet cringed at Diamond's peck. Aiden watched through his thick lashes, stifled his laughter.

"It's just within a few hours,D." Diamond flung her hair, took a seat.
"Mum, I'm here," she yelled to her mum from the dining. Anita served her, about to leave.

"Join us aunt," Anita smiled.
"No darling, have fun. God knows what you youngsters these days talk about. I can't wrapped my head around it. Hi Aiden."

She politely rejected, causing them to laugh. She waved at him, he winked at her. Giggles escaped her lips.
"Sorry Aiden, didn't notice you back there." She dugged into her meal. Aiden chuckled. He liked her already.

"So V, never told me about the newbie," Aiden wiped his mouth with the hand towel. Diamond widened her eyes.

Did he just call her a newbie?

"I'm no newbie dude," she pouted. Aiden smiled, she was cool.
"You don't have to know everything and everyone in my life."
Aiden darted his attention to D.
"I'm Aiden Freeman. It's nice to meet you..."

"I already know that. It's Diamond Kings," she smiled at him.
"I love your name. Guess you are as precious as your name," Aiden licked his lips. She stared blankly at him.

Was he trying to flirt with her?

"Was that a pick up line? Cause it wasn't catchy...tsk" she tsked surprising Aiden, Violet smiled. Now someone agrees with her, his pick up lines aren't catchy.
"By the way, yours suits you," she returned to her meal.

"V, who's she to you? She got attitude," he eyed her figure. She was beautiful, no doubt.
"More like a close..."Diamond interrupted her.
"She's my best friend."
Aiden gasped, shocked. "Bestfriend? V, true?" Violet shyly nodded.

Weird!
Aiden laughed hard, Diamond glared at him.
"What's so funny? The fact that she's my best friend or what?" She questioned.
He covered his mouth, she watched him intensely. He shook his head.
She barked, "I'm gonna whip your ass, Aiden."

"I'll love to see you do that. Maybe I can get my own share by spanking...." Violet choked at his words. He was so cocky.
He nibbled on his bottom lip.
"Watch me do it," she stood up, turned around to meet him.

Aiden held his seat, looked from Violet to Diamond. He pleaded with his eyes. Violet giggled.
"Cmon, I'm sorry okay. Are you gonna whip it?" She removed her flats answering his question.

"I'm gonna whip that ass off," she barked aloud. Aiden shrunk in his seat. She lifted her flat.
"I'm sorry," he scrambled out of the dinning. The girls giggled.
Someone remind him never to mess with D ever.