One - Season One

Steve Harrington waited in one of the empty, graffitied bathrooms for Nancy. He hoped she'd seen the note he left in her locker. They'd talked last night on the phone, yes, but he already missed her. All Steve wanted to do was see her in person and kiss her.

He heard steps nearing the bathroom, and just like he'd hoped, Nancy walked slightly cautiously into the bathroom. He smiled once he saw her; God, she was so beautiful.

"Hey," he said, walking over to her as she set her things down on the tiled floor.

"Hi." Nancy's cheeks turned a light pink as she and Steve were now barely a foot apart. They stood there for a moment, silently staring at each other. Steve couldn't figure out what he wanted to say.

"So... what's up?" Nancy asked, quietly.

"Um," he muttered, awkwardly. "I just... missed you."

She chuckled slightly, "We talked on the phone last night."

"I know, I know," he said, quietly. "I wanted to see you, honestly. And... and I really wanted to kiss you."

"Really...?" She blushed, chuckling slightly. She looked up into his eyes, both of them now wondering who would make a move first.

Steve moved his hand up to cup Nancy's cheek, moving slightly closer to her.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked in a whisper.

Nancy blushed and nodded, moving her hands to his neck. Steve couldn't help it anymore. Nancy was so close and so beautiful, he couldn't wait any longer to kiss her. He pulled her face closer until their lips collided, and before they knew it, they were up against one of the walls making out.

Of course, had they not been at school, they would've stayed there for longer, way longer. Steve would've stayed there for hours; forever. But after what had only been about two minutes, the bell rang.

"Steve..." Nancy muttered, moving her head so she could speak.

"Mmm-hmm?"

"I have to go,"

"In a minute," Steve whispered. God, he just wanted to keep kissing her.

The bell rang again.

"Steve, I really, like..." It was hard for her to get a word out when Steve was so focused on how beautfiul she was and how much he liked her lips. "Seriously, I have to go." She gently pushed him off of her and moved towards her bag.

"Wait, wait, wait," Steve swooped down and grabbed Nancy's bag right out of her reach and hurried about three feet away from her. "Let's... let's do something tonight, yeah?"

"I..." Nancy picked up her books from the floor, shaking her head. "I can't. I have to study for Kaminsky's test."

"Oh, come on," he muttered, "what's your GPA again? 3.9999–"

"Kaminsky's tests are impossible." Nancy made a grab for her bag, but Steve kept it out of her reach.

"Well, then, just let me help," Steve suggested, still keeping Nancy's bag out of reach as she made another swipe for it.

"You failed chem," Nancy rolled her eyes, but the corners of her lips upturned.

"C-minus." Steve leaned against the wall.

"Well, in that case..." Nancy smirked.

He gave Nancy her bag back, "So I'll be around, say, like 8:00?"

"Are you crazy?" Nancy swung her bag onto her shoulder. "My mom would not allow–"

"I'll climb through your window."

"No."

"She won't even know I'm there. I'm stealthy, like a ninja." He smiled, cheekily.

"You are crazy," Nancy smiled, beginning to exit the bathroom.

"Wait, wait, wait," Steve caught her arm. "Just... okay, forget about that. We can just... like, chill in my car... We can find a nice quiet place to park, and..." He really wanted to spend more time with her.

Nancy frowned at him. "Steve... I have to study. I'm not kidding."

"Well why do you think I want it to be nice and quiet?" He asked, quietly, with a shrug.

Nancy smiled, "You're an idiot, Steve Harrington." Then, she swiftly made to leave the bathroom.

Steve sighed, leaning against the bathroom wall.

Nancy turned back to him right before she opened the door to say, "Meet me at Dearborn and Maple at 8:00." She smiled, then turned serious, "To study."

She left the bathroom with a slight smirk and Steve nodded. Once she was gone, and the bell rang for a third time, Steve picked up his things and felt like he was going to have a strange skip in his step for the rest of the day. He couldn't believe Nancy agreed to see him again later today. It was like all she wanted to do was study, but that was neither here nor there. Even if he was really going to help her study, or if it was all just a front, he would still be spending time with her.

Steve left the bathroom and arrived very late to his class, but he didn't really care, all he cared about was Nancy and how much he liked her. Oh, god, did he like her.