Seven

A couple hours later, after everything had died down, Steve drove back to the movie theater, knowing what he had to do. What he did was wrong, and now was the time to apoligize. He rolled up to the theater and got out of hi car, walking up to the front of the building where an older man was standing on a ladder, trying to wipe away the spray paint that said, "Nancy 'The Slut' Wheeler" on the sign meant for displaying movies.

"Need a hand?" He asked, walking up to the ladder and looking up at the older man.

The man turned and stared at him for a moment, "Did you have something to do with this?" He asked, slowly. He was clearly suspicious.

"I just..." Steve said slowly. "I wanna help." He knew he had to. It was the right thing to do. It was the right first step.

The man, who was still looking suspiciously at Steve, slowly climbed down the ladder while Steve took off his jacket.

"All yours," the man shrugged, handing Steve the cloth he'd been using.

Steve took it and climbed up the ladder, then began wiping off the spray paint. It was clearly going to take a while, but since Steve had just lost Tommy and Carol, and basically lost Nancy too, he didn't have anywhere to be. He'd stay there until the sign was completely clean. He needed to stay until he'd fixed this. He needed to fix everything and apologize to everyone.