Part 16

****

(Next day)

"Mom, do i have to go alone? Really? " Taehyung whines for the nth time since morning.

"Absolutely yes. Or.. do you want me to call jungkook? To pick you? " Chaeyoung replies from the kitchen.

"No! " Taehyung frowns as chaeyoung takes a look at her. "This is the thousandth time you've asked this question and I've replied with the same thing.. " She puts her hand on her hip "tell me... what exactly do you want? Except not going to Jeons"

Taehyung looks at her mother, who was looking more than done with her, "Lets go together?" she asks in tiny, unsure and nervous.

Chaeyoung lets out a heavy breathe, "Taehyungie, you've been acting like a kid ever since this marriage thing started" unknowingly she giggles and approaches her. "Dont be like that, they're going to be your family soon. You have to make efforts to blend with them, yeah? They all are such nice people... i've known their family for years, baby" chaeyoung says whilst cupping taehyung's cheeks who just pouts, "Im sorry"

"No need to be, just go and get ready... you dont have to go alone" she smiles, "You will go with me? " taehyung asks "first go and get ready"

With that, taehyung finally goes upstairs to get ready, happy that she wont need to be alone going to some friendly strangers house. She just hopes, she wont need to endure that rude man of a boss she works under. And talking about him, she has to go to work from tomorrow and its already 6 in the eve. Tiring days ahead....

.
.

"Dont worry, she can wait, its just an hour anyways" chaeyoung says on her phone.

"Yeah, thank you son" she smiles.

"im waiting"

.
.

"Mom, im ready" taehyung says while walking downstairs "You're not ready yet?" Taehyung frowns as she sees her mom, just how she was before she went to get ready. Chaeyoung diverts her gaze with a smile and taehyung follows it and there he is, standing before the sofa, but this time, with a smile, maybe to just be a good 'son' to his, now, mother-in-law. Thats weird, why is taehyung thinking about such?

She looks at her mom with a look, a look that almost hints hurt from betrayel.

"He was just on his way to home, so he insisted to help" chaeyoung smiles at her daughter.

Taehyung too forces a smile, "Mom, you're such a rougue" she says in a controlled voice as if she'll just start crying like a baby.

Chaeyoung chuckles, "we shall go then" Jungkook smiles as he now stands beside chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung nods with her never ending warm smile, "Be safe" she caresses her daughter's soft cheeks and looks at jungkook with a look, a look of trust and admiration.

Jungkook knowingly smiles and bows, "We'll inform if she's to stay at us or not, either way i'll drop her home. Dont worry,mom."

Mom. Taehyung looks at jungkook, mouth slightly agape, then at her mom. Now he stole her mom too? Look how happy she looks. *Huff*

"Lets go. " Jungkook steadies his gaze on taehyung, who seems to be lost somewhere.

"Kim taehyung, lets go" Jungkook slightly tilts his head with a raised brow and finally taehyung is out of her trance.

She looks at jungkook and nods, "Bye mom" then they both leave.
.
.

The car drive was silent, as expected. Jungkook was focusing on driving while taehyung was on her own bubble.