chapter 1

"Tara" A woman shouted, while steering the soup.

The sound of anklet jingling echoed in the hall. A young girl ran towards the kitchen hearing her name being called. Her hair flowed with the air, her earrings jingled along with the anklets, producing a calm tune.

"Kaha chali jati hai aap. The soup is ready. I will serve it on the bowl" saying so, the woman poured the soup on the bowl carefully.
(Where do you go all of a sudden)

"Ji, thank you kaki" Sitara answered with a smile. She went towards the counter and grabbed some container and a cup. Mixing the ingredients she stirred the liquid with a spoon, mixing it equally.
(Okay)

She placed the cup on the tray along with the bowl and went out of the kitchen. Entering the hall, she saw her parents being seated on the dining table. She approached them with a warm smile.

Keeping the tray on the table, she hugged her father from his back. The man chuckled and immediately caught her arm. He rubbed her arms lovingly.

"Aapki coffee" she smiled.
(Your coffee)

"Mera bacha. How sweet of you" saying so Mr Roy turned a little and placed a kiss on her forehead.
(My child)

Sitara grinned and took her seat, she rubbed her hands and looked at the dishes in delight. Suddenly her eyes caught the rashmalai and she immediately grabbed it and devoured.

Mrs Roy hitted on her hand, she scowled at her.

"Manners Tara" she warned to which Sitara looker at her father with a sad face. Her father sighed.

"Rehne do na Sumi. Bachi hai woh. Abhi bachpana nahi karegi toh kab karegi. Jabtak hamare saath hai tab tak apni maan marji karne do. Ek hi toh beti hai hamari" Mr Roy looked at Sitara with loving eyes, his heart being a peace seeing her happy face.
(Let it be Sumi. She is a child now. If she doesn't do childishly act now than when will she do. Until she is with her, let her do her own will. We only have one daughter)

"Meri toh koi baat hi nahi sunta hai is ghar pe" Sumi sighed and rubbed her forehead.
(No one listen to my words in this house)

"That's because baba loves me the most" Sitara grinned, earning a chuckle from Mr Roy.

"Yash, tumhare issi lad pyaar ne bigar diya hai isse" Sumi shook her head.
(Yash, because of this love of yours, you have spoiled her)

"Mein nahi bigri toh aur kon bigarega Sumi" Yash laughed.
(If I don't spoil her than who will spoil her Sumi)

" I can't win from you both" Sumi sighed, feeling defeated.

Sitara dug in her breakfast, she bite on the sandwiches with delight. She closed her eyes as she savored the taste.

"Bacha" Yash called.
(Child)

"Haan baba?" She answered.
(Yes father?)

"Should i drop you off? Today is your first day in university." He asked.

"No baba, its okay. You will be late for office. I will go with Raj bhaiya" she answered with a smile.

"That's good to hear. Tell me if you face any problem, hm?" Yash asked to which Sitara nodded.

She quickly finished her sandwich and drank a half glass of water. Taking another rashmalai she dug in quickly. She stood up from her seat while chewing the sweet dish.

"Baba aa wul be late. I hav to go" she spoke, her mouth stuffed with food.

"Go safely bacha. Take care" Yash smiled.

"Bye ma" She quickly waved at Sumi and ran away grabbing her bag, earning a yell from her.

"Go carefully"