chapter 6

"Tara" A woman shouted from the kitchen.

"Aa rahi hoon kaki" Sitara shouted back, running down the stairs.
(Coming aunt)

"Aaram se Tara" Yash shouted, seeing her running. His daughter was too clumsy.
(Carefully Tara)

Sitara giggled hearing her father. She gave him a grin in return. Smiling cheekily, she entered inside the kitchen.

"Yeh lo aapka soup tayar hai" The woman smiled, handling her the bowl.
(Here, your soup is ready)

"Thank you so much kaki. You are the best" Sitara grinned and kissed her cheek, earning a laugh from the elderly woman.

Sitara caught the bowl carefully in her hand and climbed upstairs to her room. She entered her room and locked the door.

Climbing on the bed, she placed the bowl on the bed and settled herself too. Covering her legs with the duvet, she smiled in delight. Picking up the bowl, she scooped the liquid on the spoon blown on it to cool it down.

As she was about to take the sip, she heard a knock on the window, making her startled.

Her heartbeat started racing. Could it be Abir? But why is he here today? Her palms started sweating due to anxiety. A knock was heard again.

"Sita?"

And that's it. Sitara quickly ran from her bed and went to her window. She quickly raked the curtains away. And there he was. Clinging upon the pipe. Sitara let out a giggle seeing him. Opening the window, she let him in.

She was all happy and giggly about his presence when he suddenly cupped her chin making her breathe hitched.

He rubbed her cheek gently, examining it.

"Is it still paining?" He asked, to which she shook her head. The closeness was effecting her. She ducked her head down shyly.

"You got me super worried Sita" He murmured.

"It's okay. I am fine now" she mumbled slowly. Suddenly her chin was lifted up. And she met his dark brown eyes.

"Look at me when you speak, hm?" He carresed her chin.

"Yes" she softly uttered, her face flushed. Abir chuckled seeing her shy self.

"Why did you come today?" She asked, curious of the reason.

"Oh, you don't want me to come? It's okay. I will go" He dropped his hands from her jaw and turn to the window to go but stopped when he felt a tiny figure hugged him tightly from the back.

He smirked playfully. Oh how much he love teasing his Sita.

"I am sorry please don't go. I didn't meant that way. I just wanted to know the reason as you came yesterday with a reason. Please don't leav-" Sitara stopped ranting when she felt his body vibrate, meaning he was chuckling.

Realising that he was teasing her. She scowled at his back. She left his body and climbed on her bed, ignoring him. Abir chuckled seeing her. He sat on the bed, beside her. But Sitara scooted away from him.

Abir smiled and inched near her but she again scooted away. Sitara internally smiled. She was having fun. But her smile was snatched away when she suddenly felt a hand on his waist and the next moment her back was collided with a hard chest.

She gasped audibly. Her heart pounded with each breath, she was sure he might have have heard the beat due to its speed. The closeness was making her nervous. She could smell his cologne. Weirdly, she wanted to breathe in it. It smelled too addictive. She clenched her fist when his breathe ticked off on her neck. He placed his chin over her shoulder and rested there.