chapter 9

Two days went flying in a blink. Sitara and Abir were the happiest in this days. They understood each other more. Their bond grew more, they started spending time with each other in every chance they got. Whether it be sneaking or in public.

The best part of their day was the night meet they have everyday. Every night Sitara would climb up the stairs in excitement to meet Abir. She would finish her dinner quickly and run upstairs. Her unusual happiness wasn't gone unnoticed by her parents. They knew something was up with their daughter. But didn't try to search too much about it.

It was Sitara's test day today. She hurriedly ran down the stairs with a bag in her arms. She seemed quite panicked about it. She was about to marched towards the door when stopped.

"Aare aare. Where are you going in such a hurry. Atleast have your breakfast" Sumi scowled, calling her back.

"No ma, not today. I am really late. If i even spend a minute, that bhootni is going to eat me up" Sitara requested in a pleading tone.

"Aare par it is not good to starve all day-"
(But)

"Jane bhi do Sumi. Our Tara is a responsible girl. She knows how to take care of herself. Haina?" Yash smiled to which Sitara nodded furiously with a grin.
(Let it go Sumi)
(Isn't)

"Tum hamesha iski side lo" Sumi frowned and shook his head.
(You take her side always)

"Beti hai meri. Uski side nahi lunga toh aur kiski lunga" he stated proudly. Sitara quickly ran to him and pecked his cheek making him laugh.
(She is my daughter. If i don't take her side, whose will i take?)

"Ma, i will be late today. I will go to eat with my friends today'' she informed. Sumi raised her brow at her.

"Dhyan rahe. Jyada junk nahi" she warned earning a quick nod. Yash took out his wallet and took some cash. He handed it to his beloved daughter.
(Be careful. No excessive junk)

"Aare nahi baba. I have my money already" Sitara denied but Yash didn't listen.
(No)

"Baba ki taraf se hai. Aache se test dena aur enjoy karna" He patted her cheek softly. Sitara grinned and thrusted the money in her bag.
(It's from baba. Give your test nicely and enjoy nicely)

"Bye ma, bye baba. I love you both" she ran away yelling. Yash chuckled at her childlike antics.

As she ran out of the door. Sumi poured the tea in a cup and forwarded it to Yash.

"Yash" she called making him hum.

"Mein bhi ase hi ma ko kehti thi jab tum mujhe saath pe restaurant jane ki jeet karte the" she spoke, making him froze in his place. He looked up to her and stare at her quietly.
(I use to make the same excuse to ma when you wanted to go to the restaurant with me)

"Tumne dekha na tumhari beti aajkal kitni khush rehti hai? Mein bhi uske age pe ase hi thi. Tumse college ke baad milne ke baad. Ghar aake meri khushi uski tarah hi thi" she reminded.
(You have seen how happy your daughter is this days, isn't it?. I was like this at her age. After meeting you after my college, i was this happy when i came back home)

"Mujhe lagta hai. Hamari Tara kisiko pasand karne lagi hai" she clicked a bell inside his head. Yash kept quiet for a bit. And then spoke.
(I think our Tara has started liking someone)

"Par usne mujhe kyu nahi bola?" He frowned a little. Sitara and him shared a bond just like bestfriends. She would share everything with him. Every little single thing. Hence he couldn't help but wonder about this.
(But why didn't she said it to me?)

"Moti bhuddhi wale aadmi" Sumi slapped her forehead.
(This thick headed man)

"Woh dar rahi hogi ya sharma rahi hogi. Usko thoda time do. Maybe she is trying out new things. Let her confirm her feelings fhir i am sure that she would tell you" she assured making him nod.
(She might be scared or shy. Give her some time)
(Then)